• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jim2386
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2002

Divx Audio Off

ok, I was able to encode one movie perfectly now. I tryied to encode ten things I ahte about you and the audio is slightly off by the same margin thoughout the film. How can I fix this in Gknot? I tried fixing the audio in virtual dub but the audio is WAY off when I open it in that program! HEEEELP!
  • gs0666
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Nov 2001

"How can I fix this in Gknot?"

Then I assume you're using DVD2AVI to de-mux audio.

Does the DVD2AVI outputted .ac3 have delay?
    (Bla Bla Bla AC3 T02 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY -100ms.ac3)

Comment

• jim2386
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Apr 2002

it has a delay of -290ms......I can probably change this number to sync it up, but how can I be sure what number to use besides guess and check, that could take a lot of encoding time doing this 5 or 6 times to get it right!

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

Open the file in nandub. Set both audio and video to direct stream copy. Select audio->interleaving, set the delay to -290 ms. And save as a new file.

That should fix it. If not, is should only takes a few tries to get it right. And it only takes a couple of minutes.
        Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
        http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• gs0666
          Digital Video Technician
          Digital Video Technician
          • Nov 2001

When you mux the final audiotrack in VDub/NanDub set the Audio Skew Correction field inder the Audio tab[Interleaving/Ctrl+I] to -290ms.

Comment

• gs0666
            Digital Video Technician
            Digital Video Technician
            • Nov 2001

khp

Fast typing.You won this post by 290ms

Comment

• khp
              The Other
              • Nov 2001

You should not use virtualdub, assuming that you used the default mp3 settings in GKnot, you got a vbr mp3 stream. Which virtualdub can't handle, only nandub works in this case.

Comment

• gs0666
                Digital Video Technician
                Digital Video Technician
                • Nov 2001

Yup, but I didn't know what audio format he(I presume) were creating.
                I always finish encoding the video part before even thinking of starting on the audio part.

Comment

• jim2386
                  Gold Member
                  Gold Member
                  • Apr 2002

yea, I was using a variable bitrate, thanks guys, lets see if this works!

Comment

• gs0666
                    Digital Video Technician
                    Digital Video Technician
                    • Nov 2001

Then NanDub it is

Comment

• jim2386
                      Gold Member
                      Gold Member
                      • Apr 2002

Ok guys, one final question....well questions...they're related

When I used FlaskMPEG and cropped stuff, is it just me or does the size of the frame look bigger than if I choose the NTSC in Gknot? Should I select "other" under the resoloution tab?

Also, when I autocropped and set the video for animorphic, I think that's when when I blew the picture up full screen on PowerDIVX that it looked "tall" or stretched out vertically, should I set it for non animorphic even for a widescreen movie and not crop it so the black bars will make the picture the right size vertically? It would be great if someone could give me an example of what to set the resolutions stuff for if I have a widescreen movie and for a full screen so I don' t get stuff stretched out. Remember too, should I select the "other" button so the res is 720x480?

If I get this one solved I should be able to fix any problems I come across in the future. I'd just like to thank you all for all your help! You're the best! I now know where I can come for all my divx questions!

-Jim

Comment

• khp
                        The Other
                        • Nov 2001

For DVD ripping in GKnot you should always set the input pixel AR to either 4:3 or 16:9 depending on what DVD2AVI told you. This is always correct. The 'other' option is for processing other kind of sources like TV captures which are sometimes made using half the full horizontal resolution.
                        Last edited by khp; 12 Dec 2002, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• jim2386
                          Gold Member
                          Gold Member
                          • Apr 2002

Where does DVD2AVI say 4:3 or 16:9? I see where it says progressive/interlaced/film etc.....also, what do I do if when I play the file in DVD2AVI and it switches between Progressive and interlaced and NTSC and Film, it doesn't stay constant...is there anything I can do?

Comment

• khp
                            The Other
                            • Nov 2001

Originally posted by jim2386
                            Where does DVD2AVI say 4:3 or 16:9?
                            In the aspect ratio field, just above the Framerate field, which is just above the video type field, which is just above the frame type field.

Originally posted by jim2386
                            also, what do I do if when I play the file in DVD2AVI and it switches between Progressive and interlaced and NTSC and Film, it doesn't stay constant...is there anything I can do?
                            In that case you should not select force film. But select IVTC in GordianKnot.

Comment

• jim2386
                              Gold Member
                              Gold Member
                              • Apr 2002

Ok, I was a moron on that aspect ration question......now for one more moronic quesiton....where is IVTC exactly?

Comment

Working...