X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • traigo666
    • Dec 2002

Out of sync DivX

Email me
    I downloaded some DivX versions of Star Trek: Enterprise. I don't get UPN on satellite or cable here, so the only way to watch the series is to download it. The problem comes when some of the episodes, in the middle or at the beginning, lose sync with the audio. It can either be ahead or behind the video. It isn't every episode and of those it isn't the whole file. I first thought it was the player, but I rebooted, reopened and the files will lose sync at the same point. I've tried to reopen the file and skip past that point, but the file is still out of sync.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Easily I mean.

Traigo
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

You've run into one of the many problems that face those who download (rather than convert their own) videos - the person who created these files didn't know (or use) the proper procedures required for dealing with typical multi-episode DVDs.

"I don't get UPN on satellite or cable here, so the only way to watch the series is to download it."

There's always VHS or DVD...

Comment

• traigo666
      • Dec 2002

"There's always VHS or DVD..."

Actually, this is a currently running series and they are not available in those media.

The series airs on Wednesday and by Thursday afternoon, they have the divX file for download. You're probably correct in saying that they don't know the proper way of converting the video.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

(Just kidding) Scott Bakula's not a very good actor anyway ;.}

But seriously folks - As a starting point, do the following:

1) Load one of the "problem" files into VirtualDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

Working...