Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bozodclown
    • Dec 2002

Flask 0594PX3 out of audio sync

I just updated from Orig Flask 0594 (slow) to faster Flask 0594PX3 but the audio is out of sync at 48Khz to AVI output. I'm using divx -slow motion and Radium MP3 codec.

Please help newbie.

Thanks in advance.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Try the following method for fixing off-synch audio:
    1. Load up AVI file in Virtual/nandub
    2. Set both Video and Audio tabs to Direct Stream Copy
    3. Under Audio, go to Interleave and input the appropriate value in the 'Delay audio track by x ms' box
    4. Go to File -> Save as AVI and give a name to the new file

In the case of the audio gradually getting more and more off-synch from the video, add the following step prior to saving the file:
    -. Under Video, go to Frame Rate and select "Change so video and audio durations match (you should see a value similar to the original frame rate).

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To retain/maintain proper audio/video synch with Flask v.0.594PX3, set the audio to Uncompressed PCM (WAV) at 48,000Hz - NOT .MP3.

After Flask has converted the file (which WILL be properly synchronized, but large), load it into VirtualDub - set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy", "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode".

From under the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" and choose whichever .MP3 48,000Hz you desire. Save with a new filename.

Comment

• bozodclown
        • Dec 2002

Thanks for the replies!

I'll try them out soon.

Here's a quick question. Will the extra step in Virtual/nandub added with the flask Px3 decoding time still less than the original Flask 0594 decoding time?

This is still the best help site.

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Will the extra step in Virtual/nandub added with the flask Px3 decoding time still less than the original Flask 0594 decoding time?
          Direct streaming a whole movie (whether 700MB or 1400MB) takes only a few minutes (depending on how fast your harddrive is)...

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"After Flask has converted the file (which WILL be properly synchronized, but large), load it into VirtualDub - set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy", "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"."

If you're referring to the above (which is NOT merely "Direct streaming a whole movie"), it will take from a maximum 45 minutes on an older 800MHz machine to possibly as little as 10 minutes on a 2+GHz system. This should still make for less totla time than the original v.0.594. But, more importantly, you're assured of maintaining synch ;>}

Comment

• CybaSmuggla
              • Nov 2002

Enchanter,I cant seem to find option:
              " Under Video, go to Frame Rate and select "Change so video and audio durations match (you should see a value similar to the original frame rate)".

I'm using flask 6,i'm not on xp,is this option available in this version? thx.

Seta,I tried PCM at 48000,still the same prob,how would 1 go about ripping the vid/audio to seperate files then loading both into virt dub and syncing? is this even possible? thx again.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

To CybaSmuggla

"" Under Video, go to Frame Rate and select "Change so video and audio durations match (you should see a value similar to the original frame rate)"."

This is a reference to using VirtualDub, not Flask.

(You should post your question as a separate, new thread - so as not to create confusion)

Comment

Working...