• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jim2386
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2002

AVI to Divx

Hey guys, I need your opinion. My dad just got a new DV camera that I can upload the videos to my computer via firewire. These videos are saved as an AVI file, now lately I've been taking the AVI and converting it to Mpeg 2 in order to open it in DVD2AVI in gknot to encode it, but I loose a lot of detail in the process. Is there a way to use Gknot to encode for AVI straight to Divx? If so, how? Thanks
  • jim2386
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2002

I think I can do it with virtual dub, but the video I upload to my computer is uncompressed AVI that is INTERLACED. That's why I want to use Gknot for it's great DVD2AVI deinterlacing. So basically I wanna do an uncompressed AVI to Divx conversion. I would think it's gotta be pretty simple....

Comment

• khp
      The Other
      • Nov 2001

The latest version of GordianKnot (0.27) has some sopport for reencoding avi files, I don't know how good it is I have not tried it myself.

But I find it a bit funny that you reencode to mpeg-2 just to get into GordianKnot, instead of just using virtualdub. Just use the deinterlace options found in virtualdubs filters. If the inbuild virtualdub filters ain't enough for you you can find more filters here.

Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
      http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• jim2386
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Apr 2002

I was doing home movies and i'm fining Vdub to work great, buuuuut with my question about bit/pix*frame vs. %, i was doing video, Every video I've encoded I've never been able to keep the bit/pix*frame between .2 and .3 AND get a percentage higher than 40%. What can I do?

Comment

• khp
          The Other
          • Nov 2001

Well I suppose you might try working with some noise filters.

But as I said in the other thread, it may well be impossible to reach, those particular values, on some sources.
          Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
          http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

Working...