Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ripley_B
    • Jan 2003

Help with VCD playback on DVD player

Hi, I tried to play a burnt VCD on my DVD player and the player didn't recognize the disc.

I used TMPGEnc to encode the source to a standard VCD format (352*240 NTSC 1150 Kbps etc...) I then burn the mpg-1 to a Cd-r (Memorex) using Nero 4.XX.

My player is a Denon DVD 900 and is supposed to play VCDs. However it is said in the documentation that it only plays Cd-R wich contain audio/mp3 data.

Is there a brand of Cd-R that are better or a trick to enable it to play my VCD ?

And how the player can differentiate a Cd-R from non Cd-R ? Is it a code or a special track or the way data is encoded?

Thank You
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific make/model standalone DVD player, go to:

Video forums, video software downloads, guides, blu-ray players and media.

Comment

• Brad9374
      • Jan 2003

Vcd playback

Some dvd players don't play vcds back. You have to have a dvd player that is cd-r compatible. One of my friends burned a homemade vcd on a cd-rw and it worked for some reason. Most of the newer dvd players are all compatible to vcd and s-vcd so the best advice i can give you is to buy a new dvd player. If that still doesn't work make sure you are ecoding the vob file correctly to vcd compliant before you burn the cd.

Comment

Working...