Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lenny123321
    • Jan 2003

xvid to vcd

please help a newboy, i'm having problems trying to get xvid to vcd, ive tryed tmpgenc, but an unsupported error comes up, please can anyone advise me, i have no problems coverting divx with virtualdub and tempgenc.
  • gs0666
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Nov 2001

Maybe the Xvid has a VBR Mp3 audiotrack?
    Do you get an error when opening the file in VDub?(VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio bla bla.....)

Comment

• MadRebel
      • Jan 2003

Re: xvid to vcd

Originally posted by lenny123321
      please help a newboy, i'm having problems trying to get xvid to vcd, ive tryed tmpgenc, but an unsupported error comes up, please can anyone advise me, i have no problems coverting divx with virtualdub and tempgenc.
      If the answer to "gs0666" question as to whether or not you receive an error message in VirtualDub is yes, then do the following (at least this has worked for me and I've converted more than 200 movie's this way. See my homepage link):

While in VirtualDub, make sure that the setting's in both Audio and Video are set to Direct Stream Copy. Then click on File and Save WAV.

Then after that, fire up TMPGenc, locate and open up both the Video Source and Audio Source (the Saved WAV file made with VirtualDub), select your setting's (VCD/SVCD/Audio etc) and then you can convert it.

Once converted you will most like end up with a .mpg file that won't fit on one CD. If that's the case, while in TMPGenc, click File/MPEG Tools, go to the Merge and Cut tab. There you can load up the converted .mpg file and split it up into how many segment's you want it to be.

Hope this help a bit.

Greeeeeetz

Comment

• gs0666
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Nov 2001

"While in VirtualDub, make sure that the setting's in both Audio and Video are set to Direct Stream Copy. Then click on File and Save WAV."

Then again we would have the problem that neither TMPGEnc or "plain" VDub supports VBR Mp3.If lenny123321 has VBR audiotrack and TMPGEnc would support it,NanDub would be much more suited for the task you explained.

Open file in VDub
        Set Video tab to Direct Stream Copy
        Set Audio tab to No Audio
        Save avi under a new name [F7]
        Again open file in VDub
        Set Audio tab to Full Processing Mode
        Set Audio Conversion to 44,100Hz
        Set Audio Compression to Uncompressed PCM
        Save WAV...

Load silent AVI and WAV in TMPGEnc.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

As a first step,

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

Working...