Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lee28
    • Jan 2003

help on avi burning

hello i was wondering if its possable to put a 608mb avi that runs for 92 mins to a 80min disk or is there any program out there that will bring the run time down without splitting the avi into 2 disks? might be abit dumb but i need to know if not then a will get myself a dvdr

thanks alot and great board
  • gs0666
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Nov 2001

You would have no problem buring this file on a 80min disc(it stores 700MB)

Comment

• xvid
      • Jan 2003

Are you not using 700mb cdr's or 650 cdr's?
      The movie should burn fine, I have 144 minute mov's on disc.
      Not very good for action when the mov's are that long but if it's a long dramtic mov it's just fine.
      I see what your getting at a 92 minute mov on a 80 minute disc.
      That rating is for CD music 80 minutes of music.
      If you burn as a data disc you can fit 700 MB's on a disc usually 702.3MB depending on mfg. of discs.
      Just like when you burn mp3's as data on a disc, you can fit 10 hours of music on a disc.
      Cheers
      Last edited by xvid; 14 Jan 2003, 04:53 AM.

Comment

• lee28
        • Jan 2003

help again please

i downloaded a movie for my son not sure if i can say the name? if not sorry i will delete it toy st*ry 2 when i got to nero click on vcd so it will play on my dvd its a old dvd player so it will not play svcd anyway it will go over the 80min mark i have tryed to overburn with no luck i would love to fit it to 1 disk is there another way round this if i put the movie to cue and bin will this help?????

thank you gs0666 and xvid for your quick resp
        onse
        Last edited by lee28; 14 Jan 2003, 05:16 AM.

Comment

• gs0666
          Digital Video Technician
          Digital Video Technician
          • Nov 2001

"it will go over the 80min mark"

That's because VCD/SVCD is based on Time not filesize like avi.

You must convert the avi to VCD.D/L TMPGEnc and convert the avi.Then burn the vcd in Nero.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

By all means, use TMPGEnc as suggested. Based on the running time, you will, however, have to split the VCD. Try the following procedures to create a VCD:

1) Load .AVI file into TMPGEnc
            2) Set to "System Video and Audio" (lower right side)
            3) Click on "Setting" radio button
            4) Click on "System" tab, change mode to "MPEG1-VideoCD" (from default of "MPEG1")
            5) Click on "Advanced" tab, change "Video arrange method" to "Center (Custom Size"), change dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240
            6) Change "Source aspect ratio" to either "4:3 525 line (NTSC 704x480)", "4:3 525 line (NTSC)", or "16:9 525 line (NTSC)" - If you're in the PAL world choose either of the two similar PAL settings instead
            7) Under the "Video" tab, change the dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240 (Note: "Video" tab mode of "MPEG1" is okay) - set "Motion Search Precision" to "Normal Quality". Change the "Aspect Ratio" to match, as closely as possible, the "Source Aspect Ratio" you set under the "Advanced" tab.
            8) Change "Rate Control Mode" to "Automatic VBR (CQ_VBR)"
            9) Under the "Audio" tab, set to 44,100 224Kbps
            10) Press "Start"

Note that if your video runs longer than 70-80 minutes, you'll have to subsequently split your VCD-MPG file in two. This too can be easily and precisely accomplished using TMPGEnc. Under the "Files" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. Once again, make sure to change the mode to "MPEG1-Video CD". Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box. Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL file's name in the window, which will bring you to the cutting area. Select your desired start and end points for the first half, click on "Okay" which will bring you back to the first window and generate (in a sequence of three automated steps) the first new file. To create the second new file, repeat the steps starting with "Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL..." (be extra patient with the second half, as the program has to do more seeking to establish the beginning of the new file).

Use a burning program, such as NERO to burn your CD-R or R/W CD as a VCD (DON'T ask NERO to format the file as a VCD, since you've already accomplished this!)

Comment

• xvid
              • Jan 2003

Lee 28.
              If you d/l toy 2 and its only 608MB, I doubt its a VCD,SVCD,MGEG1 or 2. It is an AVI (Mpeg4). Which is not viewable in Standalone DVD players, Yet. You will only be able to view that on your PC; or for a C-note or less you can get a TV-OUT vid-card for your PC. Make sure you do research on the vid-card before purchase to see if it handles divx(avi) via mfg's websites.
              Cheers
              You can re-encode it from AVI (DivX, MPeg4) to VCD (SVCD, MPeg1, Mpeg2) But it is time comsuming and quality drops.
              Just burn that file as DATA on to your CDR as the AVI and enjoy.
              Last edited by xvid; 14 Jan 2003, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• lee28
                • Jan 2003

thanks

thankyou for all your help guys you have been great i have a ti4600 card with 1536 ddr so i hope that will do to get it on video

best wishes from ireland
                Last edited by lee28; 14 Jan 2003, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Working...