Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dafunkster
    • Jan 2003

Why no Help

Whats up with this board, I ve posted a question twice & I have had no response. Did I piss someone off ?????????
  • gs0666
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Nov 2001

Maybe none of the forum members have an answer to your question..........
    Not all question can be answered you know.

Comment

• gd_nimrod
      • Nov 2002

At least you got two responses from this question
      Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
      http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
      http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

By double posting you are actually less likely to get a response.

Secondly, there are many dvd authoring guides available. You should search this forum, check out dvd-digest guides and pay a visit to doom9.org and check out their forums as well. I would recommend you first spend a few minutes searching

Also, remember that not all standalone dvd players support the dvd+r format, and if they do, the type of media you use may be a deciding factor as to whether or not your dvd player will recognize the discs.

Comment

• khp
          The Other
          • Nov 2001

Posting in the proper forum with a meaning full subject line would of course also have made it more likely for you to get an answer.

The proper forum for your question would of course have been the DVD-authoring forum, and subject lines like 'Newbie need help' and 'repost' does not exactly gain you any friends either.
          Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
          http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Re: Dafunkster

To further reinforce khp's words, check this thread out.

Comment

• Dafunkster
              • Jan 2003

Hey hold on a minute first of all i asked is one simple question if you felt that it was in the wrong forum all you had to do is direct me to the right one ( I thought i was in the right one) I called myself researching, but i diidnt come up with anything thats why I posted my question here before you start downing a mother**** try helping him out first. And still after all this sh** you still havent answered nuttin. You have the shit down packed help someone else get it too. To tell the truth maybe I'm sorry I asked the ****ing ????????? to the damn board

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

Chills, man.

I don't personally own any DVD burners and so have never looked into any related methods on using it. Hence my never replying to any of your thread (since I would know nothing to be of use to you). Frankly, I believe few of the regulars of this board own a DVD burner and hence they would not be able to give you a first-hand opinion on what to do for your problem either. Perhaps Doom9's forum might be more helpful since it has a larger number of members (and therefore higher likelihood of finding someone who can answer your question).

Once again, take it cool and try not to offend anyone. It won't get you anywhere.

Comment

• khp
                  The Other
                  • Nov 2001

wtf!!!

I give you some friendly advice, on how to ask questions with the best possible chance of getting an answer, and this is how you respond, that's not very nice.

Originally posted by Dafunkster
                  Hey hold on a minute first of all i asked is one simple question
                  You may think it was a simple question, but answering would not have been simple. Even though I cannot give you an answer, because I don't have a clue about DVD authoring, I can assure you, it would have been rather complicated to answer your question in full, because your question is extremely ambigius, dealing with DVD authoring in general from a number of source format, as opposed to asking a specific question about a single step in the process.

if you felt that it was in the wrong forum all you had to do is direct me to the right one
                  I thought I just did, and you are still unhappy ?

but i diidnt come up with anything thats why I posted my question here before you start downing a mother**** try helping him out first. And still after all this sh** you still havent answered nuttin.
                  Resorting to this kind of language won't get you anywhere. No one here is required to help anyone, those of us who do answer questions, do so out of nothing but kindness.

You have the shit down packed help someone else get it too. To tell the truth maybe I'm sorry I asked the ****ing ????????? to the damn board
                  As enchanter said, few of the regular's around here are masters of DVD authoring, your best chance of talking to anyone with that kind of experience would be in the DVD authoring forum.
                  Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
                  http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Dafunkster
                    • Jan 2003

I said a simple question compared to the other questions posted to the board i.e. How to combine audio /video, xvid to vcd, help with vob files and other questions pertaining to experienced DVD usage, so I figured I had a simple problem read the question i put up, it isnt only on DVD authoring , basic prblem is what, how do I burn a DVD....... This is the JUNIOR MEMBERS/NEWBIES forum . If I offended anyone my bad..............

Comment

Working...