X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • track7uk
    • Feb 2003

more xvid probs i'm going insane! plesae plesae help

Ok

So i've tried nimo, tsunami, the indivdual builds, ffdshow...every permutation, and still xvid files are in slow motion, and the audio is normal (so its out of sync)...plus the whole system starts to get sluggish and unresponsive when i play them

DivX is fine and normal...i am a total loss..sory for posting again but i dont know what else to do.

Someone give me some other pointers before i throw the darn thing out the window!

thanks, once again

David
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

As a last ditch attempt, change the fourcc code, as I have outlined numerous times in identical postings (the "search" button is your friend) to dx50

Searching the forum may prove helpful.

Comment

• track7uk
      • Feb 2003

wow wow wow
      thanks thanks thanks

that worked...muchly appreciated and i will certainly forum search in future sorry

if you dont mind me asking...what exactly does changing the used codec to dx50 actually do??

how come i had to do this, and...will i have to do it to all my xvid files??

once again

thanks

david

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Originally posted by track7uk
        wow wow wow
        thanks thanks thanks
        The joy! Glad I could help

Originally posted by track7uk
        ...what exactly does changing the used codec to dx50 actually do??
        You are now using the Divx 5.0 codec to playback XVID content. You stated in your earlier response, that you had no problem playing back divx 5.0 content. You should be able to apply the dx50 fourcc change to any problematic xvid files you come across.

Comment

Working...