X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xxrays
    • Feb 2003

Problem with sound in divx movies

Hello!

I have a problem with sound when I watch divx movies. The sound is echoing, so can anybody tell me which sound filter or filter pack should I install. I made some progress with DivX_Total_Pack and AC3PACK - the sound of some older divx movies is now good, but in all other movies is the same as before. I installed Nimo codec pack, but the sound wasnt better. I also opened some movies with Gspot program, but there was no errors reported.

thanks for your answers
  • The Edge
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jan 2003

A search would have found you some alternative AC3 decoders, but hey, what do I know
    I personallly use this decoder.
    Excellent IMHO. Check it out.

Edge
    Last edited by The Edge; 19 Feb 2003, 02:31 AM.
    "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• xxrays
      • Feb 2003

Hi, it's me again. I installed some filters and the sound is excellent, but now I have another problem: the picture and the sound are not synchronized any more. Before the instalation synchronization was ok. Any idea how to fix that? Thanx

Comment

• The Edge
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Jan 2003

Have you tested this in more then one player?
        Try BSplayer or Zoomplayer or even classic media player, if you haven't already.

Edge
        "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• xxrays
          • Feb 2003

I tested in media player and bs player, but have no luck. Synchronization of picture and sound in one movie is good, but in the other movies not... dont know what to do....

Comment

• The Edge
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Jan 2003

The movie that works, are you sure it's the same as the others that dont't work.
            e.g same codec for sound and video.
            Check this with virtualDub or Gspot.

Second, did ypu create these yourself of are they downloaded?

Edge

Comment

• xxrays
              • Feb 2003

in the same movie, which was good before I installed some filters, now the synchronization of sound and picture dont match And the same problem is in all other movies, which was good before, except in one. All the movies I downloaded from the net.

When I saw the synchronization gettin bad, I deinstall all filters and install them again, but no luck.

Comment

• xxrays
                • Feb 2003

I forgot... a movie which is good, is divx (DivX 4 OpenDivX, Audio format MPEG-1 Layer 3)

all other movies where synchronization doesnt match are in xvid video format, Audio format is MPEG-1 Layer 3

Comment

• The Edge
                  Digital Video Expert
                  Digital Video Expert
                  • Jan 2003

Ok.
                  Try FFDshow (site is down at the moment)
                  Get the ffdshow-alpha : 2003-01-03 version.
                  During install, make sure you tick Xvid.

Edge

Comment

• xxrays
                    • Feb 2003

I did.....I installed ffd show, but synchronization still doesnt match..... I got a filling that I have to reinstall my windows

Comment

• The Edge
                      Digital Video Expert
                      Digital Video Expert
                      • Jan 2003

I forgot... a movie which is good, is divx (DivX 4 OpenDivX, Audio format MPEG-1 Layer 3)

all other movies where synchronization doesnt match are in xvid video format, Audio format is MPEG-1 Layer 3
                      Ok, i re-read the tread.
                      One avi you have plays fine with mp3 sound and then another does not, also with mp3 sound.
                      Maybe one has CBR mp3 and the other VBR mp3?

The following was posted by setarip in countless other treads......
                      "Simply use NanDub to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
                      Load your original .AVI into NanDub
                      Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy"
                      Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"
                      From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" - and choose "Uncompressed PCM (.WAV)"
                      From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"
                      Then set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
                      Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVI (set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file)."

Just saves me tying the same steps again. Hope he does not mind
                      Try this with the out of synch avi and keep us posted

Edge

Comment

• setarip
                        Retired
                        • Dec 2001

To The Edge

"Hope he does not mind"

Not at all...

Comment

• xxrays
                          • Feb 2003

thanx for decsribing all procedure, but I have a very comic situation. I reinstalled all codecs and filters and install them again.... now the synchronization match, but the sound is echoing again.... I'm gonna kill my windows

Comment

Working...