Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • o00scorpion00o
    • Jan 2002

can't playback divx from cd

I can't playback divx movies from my cd on my cd rom drive,playback too slow.I have to extract it to my hard drive is this normal?
  • Thrawn
    • Jan 2002

how fast can your cd-drive read cds??
    reading videos from cds normally isnt much slower but u will see it a bit too
    The Grandadmiral was here!

Comment

• o00scorpion00o
      • Jan 2002

my dvd rom drive is the samsung sd 608. I think It's max read speed is 36 speed.and my cd writer reads at 32 speed.i have an amd athlon 750 mhz,512 mb of ram.hard drive is seagate barracuda ata Iv 40gb 7,500 rpm.nvidia tnt2 graphics.and windows 2000 pro.It's funny it plays perfect for a few secconds then it pauses and the hard disk kicks in and the cd rom speeds up then it goes again most annoying!

Comment

• o00scorpion00o
        • Jan 2002

fixed my own problem

ok i know you will probley laugh.I renamed my avi files to divx so they would open with the player.I renamed them back to avi and my playback problems are solved.plays better in win dvd for some reason.now I can look at my divx movies from my cd rom drive without that annoying pausing every few secconds.can anyone tell me how this happened or why?

Comment

• saxon666
          • Jan 2002

you could try this,download the divx codec and player from cnet downloads ,plays my divx great

Comment

Working...