X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • someone7
    • Feb 2003

problem with AVi file...

Hello everyone,
    i've got a problem with this movie that i downloaded today. it's an AVI file. it's problem is that when i watch it it runs a bit slow (like in slow motion).. i tried to change the frame rate but that didn't help... in additoin to that, the audio is out of sync from the video (probably due to that slow motion feature).. the thing that really bugs me is that it's the second movie that i downloaded that had the same problem.. can anybody help me?
  • someone7
    • Feb 2003

sorry but i forgot to also mention that i can't even play the file on DivX Player.. whenever i load the file with Divx it keeps notifying "failed to open (filename).avi".
    if i play the file on wmplayer or virtualdub, the file runs but in slow motion and out of sync with the audio..
    please, i'm desperate here, it's been like this for a couple of movies that i last downloaded.. any help would be much appreciated..

Comment

• chickeneater
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Apr 2002

you can turn off all unnecessary programs with ctrl+alt+del.
      that may help. try playing in the wmp6.4
      start-->run-->mplayer2.exe
      FFDShow filters
      Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• someone7
        • Feb 2003

thanks for the help, it really did speed up, although i still got to adjust the audio/video sync (i'll try to do it with virtualdub, hopefully i'll succeed).. however, i still can't understand why i can't play the video in DivX player, it worked fine with other videos before..
        anyway, thanks again for the help, at least i got one thing working good.

Comment

Working...