Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wayne brown
    • Mar 2003

Xvid File -> Can Hear But No Video.

I HAVE DOWNLOADED AN AVI MOVIE OFF THE INTERNET. WHEN I ATTEMP TO VIEW IT USING DIVX PLAYER 2.0 ALPHA ALL I GET IS AN ERROR MESSAGE. GSPOT.21 INFORMED ME THAT THE CODEC WAS XVID AND THE MOVIE HAD NOT BEEN RENDERD OR TRUNCATED. THANKS FOR ANY HELP. Fixed, Install 2-files from doom9.net. ffdshow and fraunhofer video and audio codecs. Still will not play in divx player but will play in wmp9. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by wayne brown; 2 Mar 2003, 12:08 PM.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Check this similar thread.

Note: Turn off your Caps Lock when typing in your message.

Comment

• digitaldick
      • Feb 2003

more about that.....

Enchanter- won't that link cause more confusion? In it, the original poster has already installed the "vanilla" Koepi build of the xvid codec. If he/she installs the Tsunami 397 pack that is recommended by UncasMS, won't that result in yet another xvid codec installation? And won't this, then, cause the conflicting versions of the same codec to crash the program?
      Thanks, in advance, for more info about this.

< download 397 from my page (second pic in my signature) and make sure to have the necessary xvid codecs ticked, when installing! >

be humble....be wise!

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Re: more about that.....

The original poster has stated that the problem has been fixed:

"Fixed, Install 2-files from doom9.net. ffdshow and fraunhofer video and audio codecs."

If you are referring to the other thread, do reply in that thread, not here. It serves to avoid confusion.

Edit: Major edit you don't really need to care.
        Last edited by Enchanter; 4 Mar 2003, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Working...