Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drake61
    • Mar 2003

Indeo Codec???? Help!

I have a couple of mpegs that I'm not able to view because I don't have the proper Indeo codecs.

I've downloaded Ligos' Indeo XP Codec Package for Windows XP. I've also downloaded appropriate files from the "No sound, no video. REad this first." post. I've downloaded ffdshow, DivX 311 alpha, etc.

But I still have no luck in viewing this videos.

I'm sure I'm missing something and I guess I can chalk it up to being a newbie at this stuff.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks-

Drake
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

MPEG files that require the Indeo codec? Strange. I've never heard of such files.

That said, have you tried playing the MPEG files using a DVD player software, such as PowerDVD? They could be MPEG-2 files.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Try the codecs available at:

Let us know of your success ;>}
      Last edited by setarip; 2 Mar 2003, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• Drake61
        • Mar 2003

My mistake

Well, as it turns out I'm not only a newbie with this stuff but also a bonehead! I don't believe the file I'm trying to view is an actual mpeg file. I believe its an AVI?

Anyway, I am trying to play this through my Windows Media Player. When I double-click on the file, down at the bottom of the screen it says quickly, "Connecting to codec server" - then there is a bunch of other saying scrolling quickly - then it ends up saying "Error downloading codec."

As previously mentioned, I have Ligos Codec package for XP. I've also downloaded other various items recommended by users of this site - but am still not able to view or hear these two files.

Also, when I click on the file and go to "properties" it doesn't exactly tell me what type of file it is. It just says vidoe clip and it has the Windows Media Player icon next to it.

I did go to the site mentioned by the Emperor (thank you), but am confused on what to get??

Again, your help is appreciated!!

Drake

Comment

• SKD_Tech
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2003

Open it up in Virtualdub and post the file information in here as a screen shot or just text whatever just get the info.. Maybe that could help

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

hi drake61,

maybe tsunamis latest filterpack 3.9.9 will solve your problem.

make sure to have the very last option in the video codec department ticked: intel indeo

Comment

Working...