Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QuantumX
    • Feb 2003

Creating Cartoon DVD from a Video Tape!

I've tapped DragonBallZ of cnx to video, then used a DVC150 and Moviestar to capture it, then editied the mpg in Moviestar to make each individual episode, of around 500mb in MPEGII format, single file. These play fine on the PC.

Then I tried to use myDVD to make a dvd of 5 episodes with basic menu.. This played on both my standalone players BUT there is a jitter on the picture.

OK i thought I'll use TMPGEnc 2.5 to encode the file to m2v and wav @CBR 5500), then use DVD meastro to make the cd..

OK this plays, but still got the jittering... Damn I thought!

Next I re-encoded the file again with TMPEnc to encode the m2v and wav files using CBR 8000, again burnt disk but still got the jittering..

NOW the wierd thing is I used TMPEnc to encode the same orignal file to VCD format and burt it to cd and then played the same file on the standalone DVD
    player and this WORKS no jittering.. AAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what the hell...

Now i'd like to be able to use a DVD disk to play these episodes due the the size the disk, if I put them on VCD it would be a staggering 50 disks just to copy the eipsodes I've already got...

HELP..

PS I've only being doing this for around 2 weeks so I'm still new.
  • damenace
    • Sep 2002

Well, Have you checked the framerate of your source? You have to set your framerate to whatever your TV and DVD-Player want! If not, that might cause jittering.

And why didn'T you try encoding to DVD with TMPGEnc? There is an extra DVD template both for PAL and NTSC.

You did burn your DVD-files onto a DVD, didn't you? You didn't make DVD-quality files in DVD format and put them onto CDs? If you put them onto CDs, then maybe that's the problem. CDs are not read at the same speed as DVDs and therfor a DVDfile on a CD often causes jittering.

Comment

• QuantumX
      • Feb 2003

TMPGEnd

I did use this to encode the files.

It was captured at 24frames, or so it says on moviestar..

I used the tempates on TMPGEnc to create the DVD files then used maestro to create the dvd and compile it for buring with Nero..

I have not tried a number of settings on TMPGEnc to create the DVD files and burn them, and seem to have lowered the jittering slightly..

I've used :

DVD PAL (MPEG-2 720x576 25fps VBR 7000kbps, Linear PCM 48000Hz 1536kbps)

DVD PAL (MPEG-2 720x576 25fps VBR 7000kbps, Linear PCM 48000Hz 1536kbps) Very High Quality Motion, 2-3 pulldown

Still no luck, its as if the dvd files do not contain all the frames. Odd...

Yes, I burnt the files onto dvds, where i said about vcd, is where i converted the orignal MPEG2 file to vcd format with TMPGEnc and then burnt to cd, as a test to see if I still have the same problems. When played the cd played WITHOUT the jittering. I only get the Jittering on the DVD disk that I burn.

Thanks for the comments.

Any others would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

I have a DVC-150 too. If you go to the Dazzle forum you can get some neat input on how to capture your source. MS-5 is limited by default to 6Mbps import...which almost negates your USB-2 speed. If you use the test utility that you can find in the DVC-150 folder in program files (it's called DVXCEL) you can change the settings to capture up to 10Mbps...although users say they have problems if they set the rate above 8Mbps for the max. I also set the average rate from the default 4 to 6Mbps and the sharpness all the way to 15. This will give you a better source to work with that you can drag into MS-5 to edit and render to DVD. (TMPGenc wont recognize the mpg until it's rendered.) THen I take it to TMPGenc and run it thru the wizard so I can take advantage of of the advanced edit features (like clipping the top/bottom and side 5 lines to eliminate the "noise" that always seems to show up in my captures.

Comment

Working...