Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dawnmarie
    • Apr 2003

Virtual Dub Question

First of all..I would like to say hello to all...and tell you how glad I am I came across this forum. Looks great !

I just used Virtual Dub for the first time to split an AVI. I went by the directions on "Nicky's Page Digital Solutions". Everything went great......it split the AVI in the proper place, but...when I tried burning it (using Nero) the burn was succesful...when I went to test it in my DVD player...although the video was near perfect in quality...it was upside down. The AVI was right when I had first checked it...before spliting, converting then burning. Does anybody know where I messed up? Did I miss some setting someplace?

Any help will be greatly appreciated !

Thank you, Dawnmarie
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

First of all do not allow nero to re-encode the video to VCD/SVCD use TMPGEnc to do that and burn at 8x

Comment

• gd_nimrod
      • Nov 2002

Well hello to you dawnmarie and welcome to the forum

Now, for your problem.

Its a simple solution, DO NOT use Nero to convert the files, only to burn them as an (s)vcd.

So now of course you must convert the avi file to either a vcd or an svcd. Svcd's are of better quality, however require more cd's for the quality. After doing a few tests im sure you'll find out which is the right one for you

Now, get the program TMPGenc which will convert the file for you, and here's a great guide to help you get started.

If any problems arise, let the forum know about it. Oh, and the problem you experienced is very common while converting with nero, many users have posted about it.
      Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
      http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
      http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• SKD_Tech
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2003

Or you could use DVD2SVCD which is a really easy program. You can find a guide with it at my site (URL is in my sig)

What that does is you specify how big your CD is and it encodes/creates 2 bin/cue files and you just burn them that way.

It is basicly all automated and VERY east to work with
        Last edited by SKD_Tech; 1 Apr 2003, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• dawnmarie
          • Apr 2003

Thank you......

For answering so soon That must be what happened then....letting Nero encode it. I'll go back and try it again using
          TMPGEnc to encode. Glad that CD's are so cheap now...lol. Again..your forum looks wonderful..and I'm sure I will be back very often !

Have a great night (keep your fingers crossed for me)
          Dawnmarie

Comment

Working...