Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • uly
    • Mar 2003

Joining Incompatible Files

Okay, I've got two AVI's that I want to join. The only problem is that both AVI Joiner and VirtualDubMod say that the files have different audio formats, even though GSpot ID's them both as MP3 with the same bitrate and sample rate. What would be the easiest way to solve this problem and combine the files? (Idealy without having to deal with A/V synchronization.)

TIA.
    Last edited by uly; 2 Apr 2003, 01:13 AM.
  • Qyd
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Oct 2002

In Vdub (or Mod) save Wav, than use Wav audio and encode back to the same bitrate/frequency.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

For EACH of the two files, do the following:

1) Load file into VirtualDub
      2) Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
      3) Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"
      4) From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression"
      5) Select, for example 44,100Hz
      6) From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Conversion"
      7) If necessary, put a checkmark next to "Display all formats"
      8) Select your preferred sampling rate from amongst the 44,100Hz
      .MP3 rates listed
      9) Click on "OK"
      10) Save with a new filename

Comment

• ErL
        • Jan 2003

just join them using EOVideo : it will deal with tiny different audio sets - things that VirtualDub hate ...

Comment

• uly
          • Mar 2003

No luck so far

I followed setarip's guide step-by-step, but the output file turned out to have no audio compression (PCM) instead of the MP3 encoding I specified. That wouldn't really have been a problem except that the PCM really has no sound at all. Two things that I'm not sure are the cause or not: 1) I'm using VirtualDubMod, not VirtualDub, and 2) the files I'm working with are in VBR, not CBR.

Anyway, I also tried ErL's advise and got EO Video. Though I managed to join the files easily, they turned into this super low-res video that looks nothing like the original. Plus I don't really want to alter the video encoding anyway, they are fine as is.

Well, I'm still playing around with VirtualDubMod. Hopefully I'll get lucky. Thanks for all the help and, please, drop me a hint if you know what's going on.

Comment

Working...