X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rarb
    • Apr 2003

ac3 conversion

I have a divx with ac3.
    I extracted the wav (and renamed it to ac3 )using virtualdub without errors.
    When I used headache to convert the ac3 to wave i get an error on a corrupted sync on the last part of the file...and the conversion process is aborted.
    How do i get round the problem and create a vcd from the divx file.
    I also want to add subtitles before the final conversion.
    Would apreciate constructive input by anyone who knows the answer
  • rarb
    • Apr 2003

Ok no one seemed to know the answer to my question..so i did some more digging, and posted the question on other forums.
    The answer came to me at the same time, both on my own and in the form of answers to my posting on other forums.
    The besweet utility can do the ac3 transforming.
    Hope this helps anyone else with similar problems.

Comment

• t_caplette
      • Apr 2003

Ac3 audio

Hey there a very nice ac3 tool, is cliersAc3 available on digital-digest, you can convert to mp3 using lame or to wav. also many more options. Good luck.

Comment

• Qyd
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Oct 2002

Yeah, besweet works great for ac3 to ac3/wav/mp3 conversion, as well as for boosting/normalising audio
        VirtualDubMod extracts ac3 audio directly (demux audio)
        VirtualDub subtitle filter http://www.virtualdub.org/virtualdub_filters can be used to add subtitles to the video (encoded in the image), but that means you have to re-encod the video stream (There's plenty of players capable of displaying subtitles, but subtitles contained in the video stream are usefull if you want to further convert to vcd).
        As an extra you need some subtitle format convertor such as Subtitle Workshop to convert to ssa (sub station alpha) used by virtualDub subitle plug-in

Comment

Working...