Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Knopi
    • Mar 2003

Capping AVI

I am wondering what tool will capture screenshots of avi files automatically. Something I can allow to cap and walk away from.
    Any help would be appreciated.
  • Comberman
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Aug 2002

Premiere will capture frames under its Stop Motion capture criteria and you can specify the number of frames to be captured within a given time frame. I also think that Cyberlink's Power VCR will also do Stop Motion. However, you may not have either and be looking for something a lot less expensive. I've never trip Stop Motion in any other video app, but you could try virtual dub (its free) although I think you will have to resort to capturing a clip and then editing it to get the stills you want. If you have WinXP, Movie maker might be able to capture stills. Sorry I can't be of any further help.
    Genius creates what it must; talent creates what it can.

Comment

• Knopi
      • Mar 2003

Thanks for your help. I was actually able to do it in PSP really easily. Just what I wanted

Comment

• Comberman
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Aug 2002

PSP, eh! Paint Shop Pro?? I last used PSP when it was at release 2. Methinks, I might just have another peek at it. Glad you got your problem sorted out.
        Cheers!
        Genius creates what it must; talent creates what it can.

Comment

• Knopi
          • Mar 2003

Yah, what you do is open an avi file in animation shop and you'll see an options dialog open. At that point you'll be able to cap based on what preferences you set. Good luck with that. Now if I could figure out how to cap WMV like that

Comment

Working...