Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tanduay
    • Apr 2003

Sony DVD player error

No sure if this was ever a topic, but has anyone seen issues with Sony DVD Players giving a "Cannot play disk" error for rencoded\reauthored DVDs? Seems direct rips to ISO work fine but anything I have reauthored gets that error. Any Ideas?...thanks.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Seems direct rips to ISO work fine but anything I have reauthored gets that error."

What software and procedures do you use for burning re-authored DVDs?

Are you putting ALL files into "VIDEO_TS" folder?
    Are you also creating an empty "AUDIO_TS" folder?

Comment

• Tanduay
      • Apr 2003

I use DVDshrink (ver 1.03) and I just create the VIDEO_TS folder as instructed...not an AUDIO_TS folder....the DVDs work without and issue at all on my Toshiba player..

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

I ask you again:

What software and procedures do you use for burning re-authored DVDs?

(DVDShrink does NOT perform burning...)

Comment

• Tanduay
          • Apr 2003

Sorry....mis-read. I use Nero...I burn the VIDEO_TS file onto the DVD...(DVD ISO).

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

If you are using (as you should be) one of the most recent versions of NERO (5.5.10.20 or 5.5.10.15), select the "DVD-Video" format...

Comment

• Tanduay
              • Apr 2003

OK...the question I have would be . When selecting that format it will create an AUDIO_TS folder also and I don't have any files for that folder as the rip from DVDShrink onlt requests the VIDEO_TS. Arte there files I need to seperate within the ripped VIDEO_TS folder and place them into the Audio folder...or just leave it empty. Thanks for the help btw.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"just leave it empty."

Leave the "AUDIO_TS" folder empty. Some older DVD players won't play a DVD if it doesn't have an "AUDIO_TS" folder...

"Thanks for the help btw."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• rsquirell
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Feb 2003

setarip...I finally solved that issue I was working on to convert VHS capture and feed it into TMPGenc. It seems TMPGenc not only didn't like LPCM audio...once I got it converted I found out it didn't like the NTSC video header either. I finally solved that problem by splitting off the first few kilobytes that contained the video stream header and was able to render an absolutely awesome DVD. As a side effect I discovered the end product to be 1/3 the size of the capture file (and DVD's previously made of the same films.) I unintentionally stumbled on to this. For detail how-to I made a post on the Dazzle forum http/www.dazzle.com/home[/URL] go to support>>community forums>>DVC-150 General Forum. Just thought you'd like to know, since you helped me with conversion ideas. I don't know why the video shrinks so much...it's my theory that the headerless video stream conforms exactly to the DVD template. The quality is absolutely fabulous.

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

To rsquirell

Congratulations on resolving your dilemma ;>}

(You really should have posted your information as a "New Thread", since it has nothing to do with this thread...)

Comment

• Tanduay
                      • Apr 2003

Thanks....I'll give that a try.....

Comment

• setarip
                        Retired
                        • Dec 2001

"Thanks....I'll give that a try....."

You're welcome ;>}

Comment

• Tanduay
                          • Apr 2003

Works perfectly..thanks for the help. Had another question concerning taking 2 different DVDs. for example I have Twight Zone Vol 1 and 2...the data on ech ins only half the capacity of the 4.7G. I was wondering if there was a way to combine the 2 and create a new meu system that would reflect the content of the DVD?

Dan

Comment

• setarip
                            Retired
                            • Dec 2001

"I was wondering if there was a way to combine the 2 and create a new meu system that would reflect the content of the DVD?"

the easiest (and, perhaps, the best) way to accomplish this is to use the recently released TMPGEnc DVD Author program.

It's a commercial program that sells for $68 - but you can download the FULL program for a free 30 day trial...

Comment

Working...