Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghandson36
    • Jan 2002

No Picture and No Sound

How can I veiw the movie I downloaded from Kazaa, The download was successful but when I try to play it on divx I get no picture or sound. HELP!!!!
  • abdul
    • Jan 2002

You also need a codec to play an avi-movie

To safe myself some typing i'll redirect you to a posting which has my aswer about codecs in it

You can read it by clicking on this link

If you still have quetions afterwards feel free to post them

Comment

• pillager
      • Jan 2002

codecs maybe?

Try going here if you want to attempt to play the movie on media player:

Download the DivX ;-) codec which allows you to make and play DivX ;-) 3.x movies

If you already tried that....I dunno. As a matter of fact, your divx player probably already has those codecs on it. I've been successful playing movies on media player by getting Windows updates under help menu in media player (Windows ME). Also, for Win '98 I went to the above link and everything worked fine.

It is a possibility that the file is corrupt, but I wouldn't know because I don't have the file. I did have a really good link that explained alot and gave the option for downloads. However, I lost it.

My advice...try everything, do your research. Make sure to right click on the movie to get it's properties to verify that it is a divx file. And finally, good luck!!! This stuff is frustrating!!!!

***If you are using an Apple computer.....my advice is over, I know very little about their computers.
      Last edited by pillager; 11 Jan 2002, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Working...