Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • virus67
    • May 2003

Question for the guru's

got a Q for a movie editing guru, im using a program called FRAPS to record videos of myself playing games and it works great but it doesnt pick up any sound, can anyone reccomend me a program that captures live video and sound thats on ur screen? Ive had no luck searching for one or asking people so i thought id ask here. Well, i did find one program (i think it was called camcapture or something similar) that claimed to be a freeware that did what i wanted but it was seriously bugged and the sound sounded horrible.
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

Windows Media Encoder 9 has that feature but it saves it as WMV

Comment

• megamachine
      Video Fiddler
      • Mar 2003

Hey, thanks, for the question and the answer. I was wondering about this, too, and no luck with SnagIt, which I thought did this.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Camtasia or SnagIt...

Comment

• virus67
          • May 2003

Windows Media Encoder? is that part of win media player 9? or do i have to get that seperately? Someone said snagit doesnt work so ill try camtasia and see if itll work in games (does it have a hotkey function for recording so i dont have to alt tab?).

Comment

• virus67
            • May 2003

First off: thanks for the replys, i tried camtasia, id did exactly what i wanted it to do, itll need some adjusting to get it smooth while im playing a game itself but im sure i can get it right, the only problem is that its meant for desktop so it records the mouse in games too (u see the white mouse cursor through the screen), trying to work a way around that, giong to try snagit next.

Comment

• virus67
              • May 2003

Snagit's workin good, it records awesome while im lpaying raven shield, bu ti cant get it to record in battlefield 1942, it just doesnt start, any ideas?

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"thanks for the replys, i tried camtasia, id did exactly what i wanted it to do"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...