X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slveagle
    • May 2003

install codex now error in roxio and nero

First thanks for helping a newbie.

I was trying to view and burn a copy of Star Trek Nemesis but it was saying invalid formate. I downloaded and installed teh DivX codes I beleive 4 and tried it again. Playing it had no sound. and trying to burn it in Roxio, when i inserted teh file roxio closed. Trying to purn it in Nero after the encoding it comes up and says unexpected exception. any suggestions?

Again thanks for all yoru help in advance
  • Deus
    • Nov 2001

First off how are you trying to burn it? Ex. AS a VCD ( video cd ) or just a data cd? If you want to vcd to watch on your dvd player you have to convert it to MPEG first. Use TMPGEnc. Second You have to make sure you have the right codeq's and that the file that im guessing you is actually real. Load the file into Virtualdub go to file >> file information >> and post everything to see

Comment

• slveagle
      • May 2003

was burning as a vcd and nero and roxio will convert it for you as it burns it thoguht i had the right codex think i found it will try it when i get home and let you know

Comment

• slveagle
        • May 2003

finially got it to work thanks for your help had to unistal the codex and reinstal 3 times before it woudl take hold. but it is up and runnig now

Comment

• Deus
          • Nov 2001

Sure, but for future knowledge I would use TMPGEnc to convert instead of Nero. It is more relyable and is just a good tool to have.

Comment

Working...