X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorrs
    • Feb 2003

ASF - MPG any ideas

HI
    I have been struggling with this for sometime can anyone help. I have an asf file which I am trying to convert to mpg so I can play on dvd player. I load the file into TMPGEnc but there is no audio to it. Maybe im stupid but is there a possibility that you cannot convert an asf file? I would be grateful if anyone can give me some advice.

Thanks
  • musicsmosthated
    • May 2003

when you load it in tmpgenc are you getting a picture? if you are, record the audio ahead of time to wav or mp3 and load a different audio source after you've loaded the video source.

Comment

• Gorrs
      • Feb 2003

Sorry I may just be thick, but yes I am getting a picture in tmpgenc but in the audio part it is blank, yet I can play the file in windows media player and there is perfect sound. You mentioned record the audio ahead of time to wav or mp3, how do you do this???

Comment

• Deus
        • Nov 2001

Yea Asf is a really hard format to convert. Microsoft made it that way. What oyu have to do is first rip the audio off using a program called avi2wav or something like that. Then use that .wav file in TMPGEnc.

Comment

Working...