Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaveSF
    • May 2003

VCD Menus

I've tried using NERO and Roxio to create VCDs. I'd like to add chapters, as you'd find in DVDs. But I find that even if you specify a pause of 0 seconds between chapters (menu items), there is still a second or two pause. Is there a way to make VCDs with chapters play seamlessly from beginning to end?
  • Tek-niques
    • May 2003

Forget those programs for chapters. The best program to use is VCDEasy. You would do your normal VCD/SVCD encoding using FlasK then you will have one large mpg file. Split this file into 2 to fit on 2 CDR's using TMPGEnc. Then using VCDEasy to author the disc you open the first half of the movie. Here you can add "chapter points" where ever you like or if you want to be accurate and keep the same chapter points as the original DVD you can extract the information from the DVD's IFO file using Chapter Extractor. VCDEasy allows direct importation of IFO chapter points. When you burn you VCD/SVCD you will have seamless chapters.............

Another user friendly program is Ulead's DVD Movie Factory which can also be used to author with chapters but it's not free like VCDEasy.

Comment

Working...