Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rings09
    • Jun 2003

Please Help

Please Help! Just downloaded my first movie onto my computer and 2 folders were created. The CD1 folder which has 3 folders, Codec,Divx,Dvobsub filters. The second folder is Easydivx vob and that has the Vob files and the avi file. If I click on the avi file it opens the movie with WMP with no sound. If I try to open the vob files I get some sound but no distinct video. As you can see I am totally new to this and have read some of the other threads, but don't really understand what I should do from here.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

take a look at this please: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=15327

Comment

• Rings09
      • Jun 2003

PLEASE HELP

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded FFDshow and G-spot.

G-Spot says there are no audio channels and when I press render the video path seems okay, but there is no audio path?

I also did as suggested and loaded FFDSHOW unchecking the wmv. this seemed to have no effect. Any other suggestions?
      I'm not sure how to attach the G-Spot screen?

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

when you create a posting you will find *attach file* at the bottom (a little bit above the "submit reply" button.

attach a screenshot from virtualdubMOD!

Comment

• Rings09
          • Jun 2003

PLEASE HELP

I can get the file information on my screen from virtualdubMOD, but I'm unsure how to make it into an attachment? Normally I would cut and paste but this doesn't work?

All the info for the video stream seams to be correct but there is no information whatsoever in the audio stream?

Comment

• SKD_Tech
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2003

Just when you see the File info press Printscrn/SysRq on your keyboard.

Then open up MS Photo Editor or Paint or your choice of photo editors then go to edit then click on "Paste as new image"

Then cut out the unnessacary parts of the picture.

Comment

• Rings09
              • Jun 2003

PLEASE HELP

Thank you for your help!
              Attached Files

Comment

• Rings09
                • Jun 2003

Maybe you can read this better?
                Attached Files

Comment

• UncasMS
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2001

according to the screenshot/virtualdub there is NO sound stream!

Comment

• Rings09
                    • Jun 2003

Yes thats what I've been saying all along. I copied the movie to my computer using EasyDivx. There is nothing in the CD1 file and in the EasyDivX file there is the avi movie file which plays fine with no sound. Also there is the Vob files that have audio but no distinguishable video? How do I get the two together.

Thanks again

Comment

• Rings09
                      • Jun 2003

STILL NEED HELP

Is there anyone else having this same trouble with EasyDivX. I have just downloaded another movie to my computer with the same result. Supposedly the movie downloads to the CD1 folder and the Divx subfolder, mine is empty. I do get the avi file in full with no sound. I also get the vob files in the easydivx vob folder. I've checked in Gspot and virtualdubmod and they both say there is no audio source. Has someone got an idea as to how I can get the movie and sound together?

Comment

• UncasMS
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2001

sorry, never touched easydivx (doesnt really live up to its name if you ask me )

Comment

• Rings09
                          • Jun 2003

What would you then recommend for the ultimate newbie with no experience in this type of software?

Comment

• UncasMS
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2001

i'd recommend spending a little time understanding most of the basics and thus be able to receive decent to superb quality any time you convert data.

if the tool in use is too simple you might run into trouble too often.

i prefer DVX because it is extremely powerful and still easy to set up.

click my anigifs for guides.

Comment

Working...