X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Booba
    • Jun 2003

XviD causing problems.

Hello.

A movie I've been trying to watch was coded using the XviD coded, and it showed no picture. So I uninstalled my version of XviD (Koepi's stable binary version), and downloaded Nic's XviD codec, and his DirectShow Decoder Only install. Then, after installing them both, I tried to watch the movie again... And this time, instead of just getting a black screen, both of the players I've tried openning it with crashed. Now, even after uninstalling and trying to reinstall the codecs and the programs, nothing changed- The Divx player won't even open, saying the DDhelp performed an illegal operation, and BSplayer says about the same thing.

I am in a loss as to what to do next, and instead of immideately reformatting my computer (I'm a girl, can you tell? ;p) I've decided to ask for advice in a forum of people that might just know what they're doing. Hence the longwinded explanation- so you'll get a clear view of my problem.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

-Booba
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

try using latest FFDSHOW as playback filter:

ffdshow is DirectShow and VFW codec for decoding/encoding many video and audio formats, including DivX and XviD movies using libavcodec, xvid and…

download the latest alpha version from may, 23rd

install it and make sure that xvid and other codecs like divx5, ms mpeg4 v1-3 are CHECKED; i.e. ffdshow will be made the default playback filter for those formats!

Comment

Working...