X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hellua2000
    • Jun 2003

Problem with conversion to VDC

Hi,

I'm having trouble converting a Divx movie to Mpeg. I'm using TMPGE. Usually it works well. But with this particular clip I get only sound and no video.

The Original avi file works well with DivX player. I think the file does not have a problem. TMPGE should also be fine (I just recently downloaded it). Can somebody help me figure out what is going on?

I attached the Gspot file of the avi clip. I hope that has enough information.

thanks to anyone that can help
    Attached Files
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

There is nothing out of the ordinary reported by GSpot. Do you have the DivX v.5.0 codec installed? If not, do so...

Comment

• hellua2000
      • Jun 2003

Yes of course. I can see the movie with DivX.

The original download had compressed audio. Since TMPGE was giving an extra long output file. I used Virtual Dub to decompress the audio. I had done this before following instructions on a post and it worked out fine. This time there is something else preventing the conversion.

BTW I can still see the file with VirtualDub as well

Comment

• hellua2000
        • Jun 2003

Any suggestions on what I can do to get a working mpeg file?

Can I convert the divX to someother format and then go to mpeg?

I tried to convert it to Xvid with virtual dub. But I have trouble converting the Xvid file to mpeg. It sort of gets TMPGE stuck, and I have to install it again to get it working.

Any suggestions out there from the Gurus of digital video?

Comment

• hellua2000
          • Jun 2003

Can I attach < 100kb of the mpeg final clip? (Since apparently that is the limit) Is that enough for someone of the experts to take a look and see what is wrong?

Thanks.

I really cannot understand why it will not work. I tried both TMPGE and avi2vcd both give the same results (blank screen with sound)

Help!!!

Comment

• sneglen
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Oct 2002

Have you tried frameservering the file from VirtualDub???

Press "File-->Start Frame Server" press ok the select where the pseudo file should be present, just name it "something.avi" just remember to type .avi

then open this new file in TMPGEnc and try again

hope it works

If Nobody Bought Movies, Why Should They Continue To Make Them?

"Bull****" Neo To The Father Of The Matrix In Reloaded

Comment

• hellua2000
              • Jun 2003

Sneglen, thanks for your response.

I tried what you said but I get a window like the one attached that never changes. (See file attached.) The file "something. avi" also stays the same at 1kb.

What does this mean?
              Attached Files

Comment

• sneglen
                Platinum Member
                Platinum Member
                • Oct 2002

Yeah that's the frameserver, and if you Read on you will see that you where suppose to open this new file in TMPGEnc and then treat it as a normal file.

I forgot to mention, if it doesn't work when you open the file in TMPGEnc then go to VirtualDubs folder and run "Auxsetup.exe" and press "Install handler" then Restart and try again, then it ought to work.

Comment

• hellua2000
                  • Jun 2003

I tried Auxsetup and installed the handler. The only change I got is that it says: "AVI file only" after Frameclients installed.

The Frameserver program never makes any progress it just stays on with no change like it did before. I tried stopping the frameserver running TMPGEnc on the something.avi file but TMPGEnc does not recognise the file. I tried running TMPGEnc with the frameserver still on with the same result.

Can you explain to me what is the Frameserver doing? That way I can better figure out what could be wrong. Is the output file supposed to be the movie coded differently?

Thanks

Comment

• sneglen
                    Platinum Member
                    Platinum Member
                    • Oct 2002

Ok the frameserver "serves" the imagess and the sound to another program, so it has to still be open when you open it in TMPGEnc

When you make the Pseudo file just name it "Something.vdr" try vdr insteed og avi, then it should work, I could make it work with AVI but I never could before so save it as something.vdr and open it in TMPGEnc then it should work

it will not recognize the .vdr file format so you will have to choose "All Files (*.*)" when trying to open it

Comment

• hellua2000
                      • Jun 2003

OK I got the frameserver to work. Yes it had to be a .vdr file!

Unfortunately I get the same result with the mpg file: sound but no picture. I tried both with virtual dub in direct stream and in full processing. I can see the movie perfectly in divX. I do not understand why it will not convert.

One other funny thing happening is that with virtual dub the frames will not advance by themselves. I have to stop the movie and press the button with the key to see the next frame. (Just wondering if this fenomena could give a hint). Should I try with some kind of processing with virtual dub? Should I set TMPGEnc for interleaving?

Comment

Working...