X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arkanok
    • Aug 2002

a/v problem. HELP!!!

Ok im new to this whole ripping thing.
    So i tried ripping the movie Dogma, and i have the .vob files, .bup files and the .ifo files all on the hard drive and they all work correctly when viewed through WinDVD. But when i attempted to convert the .vob files into an .avi file using the program called SimpleDivX, it completes the whole encoding process, gives me a final .avi file but, the sound is about 2 seconds faster than the video istelf at the beginning then on top of that, the audio gets further appart from the video as the movie goes through.
    The program i used to rip the dvd was SmartRipper, and as i said before, the program i used to encode it was simpleDivX.
    Can somebody please help me out and let me know what i might be doing wrong? THanks
  • megamachine
    Video Fiddler
    • Mar 2003

I don't know about SimpleDivX, but I have used a guide on the site below to create a dozen or so DivX movies from my various DVDs, and I've been very happy with the results. It provides all the software that you need and easy step by step instructions.

Last edited by megamachine; 13 Jun 2003, 04:13 AM.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2003

I would personally use DVX or GordianKnot 0.28.3 . They are both great programs for what you are wanting to do.

Comment

Working...