Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Foozers
    • Jun 2003

Newbie in need of help

OK first of all I'm going to be capturing through my IEEE394 port through my sound card, my camcorder is a sony digital 8 trv140 and it wont play any old 8mm tapes so I was wondering if there was a way to get them on my cpu?, also with that hardware(audigy 2 sound card, ATI radeon 9800 grpahics card) will I be able to capture? Final question the only software I got with my DVD burner was Roxios Easy CD and DVD creator will I need any mroe software? if so is there any freeware? tahnks for the help!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"my camcorder is a sony digital 8 trv140 and it wont play any old 8mm tapes so I was wondering if there was a way to get them on my cpu?"

Only if you have some (external) means of playing back the tapes...

Comment

• OldOne
      • Jun 2003

Foozers - Newbie in need of help

I'm assuming that you have a IEEE1394 port on your computer that will connect between the camera and the computer, and having said that I'm quite surprised that Sony sold the camera without capturing Software like Sonic's MyDVD, Dazzles DVD Complete, or Pinnacles equivalent software.

Sonic's MyDVD version 4.0 with ArcSoft's ShowBiz, is an inexpensive way of capturing video and images from your camera to your computer, and is so easy any begineer can use the software within minutes. Once the video/images are stored on your computer, the software allows you to manipulate and edit the video/image into VCD, SVCD, or DVD formats. It requires no knowledge of DVD standards, codecs, etc. I would start with this software that is very cheap.

If you don't like Sonic's solution, a similar solution is Dazzle's DVD Complete which offers little to no authoring/editing capability, but better options preparing DVD's, covers, labels, etc.

Comment

Working...