Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jorgelucas
    • Jun 2003

Subtitles: Permanent Saving

My new (hopefully last for some time) question is: HOW DO I PERMANENTLY SAVE A TEXTSUB 2.23 SUBTITLE IN MY VIDEO??

The only way I found to be possible was to save the movie in FULL PROCESSING MODE using VirtualDub, but this is ridiculous, since I don't have 20GB of free space available in my HD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I choose to save "STREAM COPY", he won't save the subtitles (there is no "filter" option after you choose Stream Copy).

HEEEELP!!

ps: I'm talking about PERMANENT subtitles - because I need them when I convert this movie to VCD - I want to play it in my TV's DVD-Player
    Duh
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"The only way I found to be possible was to save the movie in FULL PROCESSING MODE using VirtualDub, but this is ridiculous, since I don't have 20GB of free space available in my HD!"

It's apparent that you are saving an UNCOMPRESSED video.

In addition to applying the subtitle filter, under "Video", select "Compression" and use the same video codec (with the same settings) as the original .AVI...

Comment

• _mutant_
      • Jun 2003

You probably forgot to select video codec for compression. Default value for video codec in VirtualDub is Uncompressed RGB. That is why it is taking up 20GB.

Comment

• jorgelucas
        • Jun 2003

Hmmmm... I remember this didn't work last time, but I'll give another try... as soon as I finish my pizza!

Thank you all for your patience with those dumb newbies like myself....
        Duh

Comment

• jorgelucas
          • Jun 2003

Yay! It worked! Thank you all!

The reason for all this mess I've been trough the last few days for converting this movie happened because the source was kinda bugged (couldn't see a problem playing the file though).

My advice to every newbie: if you can't convert a file, use TMPGEnc to DE-MULTIPLEX and then MULTIPLEX it again! It will work! (thanks MPEG Mediator Author!!)

Anyway, as this is my first time, I think it's normal not to achieve perfection. The sound is not perfectly in synch with the video (but it is not bad really) and now the subtitles are also not perfectly synchronized (dunno why), but it is ok nevertheless!!

I hope I won't have any trouble changing this to VCD and burning to a CD-R!
          Can't wait to watch this movie in my DVD-Player (big screen baby, oh yes )!!!

Thanks again, see ya
          Duh

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Thank you all!"

You're quite welcome ;>}

Comment

Working...