X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • taxidriver
    • Jul 2003

Screen aspect

Hello...

Successfully authored many DVD's. All from analogue S-VHS, thru Canopus ADVC-100, then using Pinnacle S8. No real worries. In fact amazing play-back quality on various set-top devices. But... play-back on PC has 1/2 inch black strip on right edge of screen!

Any guideance, please?
    Regards...
  • meranykta
    • Jun 2003

Right edge only? ... If it were in both edges I would think of possible reasons! e.g. more than one mpeg2 filters - decoders installed on your pc. HOWEVER you REMIND me that in the past I had to UNINSTALL Pinnacle or COMMENT some lines of system.ini file - [drivers32] to make software player treat properly aspect ratio of mpeg2 clips.
    Try inserting a ";" before each line of that group (no need to restart windows) and find the responsible driver.
    If I am not mistaken some of the lines to be commented were:
    VIDC.PIXL=pclepixl.dll (come with Pinnacle)
    VIDC.PIM1=pclepim1.dll (come with Pinnacle)
    VIDC.I420=vdrcodec.dll (come with Ulead)
    ... and more ... Good luck!

Comment

• taxidriver
      • Jul 2003

Thank you for reply, meranykta, but seems my problem more likely with PC player than anything (okay playback in set-top).

Have since noticed... sometimes black strip dis-appears on some disc chapters(?). Using Intervideo Win DVD. Beats me.

Now I've re-read what you wrote, maybe you're onto it! Just that I don't quite grasp what goes on here. Put it this way... maybe it's pure luck I get by mostly not knowing what the heck happens!

Again thanks.

Comment

Working...