Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DarkLegend
    • Jan 2002

Ripping damaged VOB's

Is there any program that will either rip VOB's that are a bit dodgy from a DVD-R (I think It's scratched) or allow you to rip portions of a DVD(so I can resume when it screws up and skip the scratched part)

I have tried copying the VOB's (no CSS) using Explorer and also ripping with DeCSS and CladMDec 1.5

TIA

-DL-
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Just curious. Your post makes it sound like there are no VISIBLE scratches. If thsi is so, or even if there are what APPEAR to be scratches, have you tried the simple exercise of cleaning the DVD?

Comment

• DarkLegend
      • Jan 2002

yup! I have cleaned them all witha soft cloth and also cleaned one with some CD Cleaning fluid I have, all to no avail.. I think perhaps it is the fact they are DVD-R discs and so my Reader may have more trouble reading them, they play fine and also play in my PS2 (jump slightly occasionaly) So i think they may be slightly scratched, they have some very minor scratching, but I know DVD' sare less tolerant than CD's to scratches so it could be that..

So does no-one know of any Blindread style software that will copy the disc regardless of scratches??

-DL-
      Last edited by DarkLegend; 18 Jan 2002, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Working...