Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Justwonderin
    • Sep 2003

Got Video but no sound

I recently bought winDVD platinum v5. Unfortunately I get no sound when I playback DVDs. Now I still have the winDVD that came with my comp and it plays them fine. So I'm naturally confused. I've gone to audio preferences but its no help.I've tried uninstalling the audio drivers and reinstalling them Nada! So if anyone has any ideas it would be a great help. . Thanks
  • littlemouse
    Setaeriper
    • Aug 2003

Problems occur when you play DVD only ? or your system has no sound at all ?
    If your computer has no sound, then the problem is likely pointed at the sound-card, but you said that you could play on the older version of WinDVD, so re-install the sound-card driver will not help. I don't really know what happened exactly, so I just have a little suggestion:
    -Check the manual of WinDVD Platinum 5, read carefully about how to use the software. You may accidently turned off the volume on WinDVD, check the audio preference again. When they write a program, they've already checked the compatibility of WinDVD many times, so that problem will never exist... If you can't set it up, then return to the store and buy other program.
    -Use PowerDVD XP instead, this is one of the best DVD player programs that I've been using. It's great though.
    If it still nada, then you have to use the old version of WinDVD...
    Those who can, do. Those who wonder why, help.
    Where can you find the best DVD backup software? Please click here

Comment

• Justwonderin
      • Sep 2003

Thanks..I was able to get audio tho I'm not sure how exactly. I uninstalled the program. Then I got rid of my old winDVD as well. I reinstalled the new one and now it works fine. It still doesn't make sense to me but hey it works so I'm not complaining . Thanks again

Comment

• littlemouse
        Setaeriper
        • Aug 2003

You're very welcome.
        Those who can, do. Those who wonder why, help.
        Where can you find the best DVD backup software? Please click here

Comment

Working...