Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • magwitch
    • Jul 2003

Improper VBR audio encoding in Virtualdub

I've just been getting the hang of splitting avi files with Virtualdub and burning them onto vcd, with good results so far. However, I've now got myself an avi file that, when loaded into Virtualdub, produces the message "Virtualdub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source avi file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatibility. This may introduce up to 40972ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the 'entire' audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder (bitrate: 143.2+or- 26.7kbps)" I'm now totally lost! How do I decompress with audio stream and then recompress it, and what do I use to do it with? Any replies, please use basic language as I am a computer novice!
  • dodge
    Banned
    • Feb 2003

you can split your files with nanodub which supports vbr mp3 rather than re encoding the audio

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To magwitch

If you continue to intend to convert the .AVI to VCD and you use TMPGEnc to do so, you'll first have to convert the audiostream to a format that TMPGEnc finds acceptable.

Converting .AVIs with VBR-MP3 Audio for use with TMPGEnc

Simply use NanDub or VirtualDubMOD (Different than standard VirtualDub), to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
      1) Load your original .AVI into NanDub

2)Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy"

3) Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode" (NanDub only -For VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list">>rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Full Processing Mode")
      From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" and choose "No compression(PCM)" (NanDub only - For VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list">>rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Compression" and choose "No compression(PCM)")

4) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (In VIrtualDubMOD, "Save WAV" is located under the "Streams" drodpown menu) (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"

5) Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVI (NanDub - set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file. - For VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list">>click on the listed audiostream and then select "Disable").

6) Open TMPGEnc and FIRST "drag and drop" the silent .AVI onto it, then do the same with the .WAV file.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• magwitch
        • Jul 2003

Result!!! I now have two perfect VCDs, with the audio back in sync. Thank you very much, Setarip!

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Thank you very much, Setarip!"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• stevewack
            • Dec 2003

Hi Setarip
            I'm having a similar problem and hope you might be able to help. I am trying to convert a DivX AVI file to DVD. I have used AVI2DVD to encode the AVI into MPV + MP2 files. I then have loaded these two files into TmpgEnc Author and have created VOB files. However when I check the VOB the audio is about constantly 2 seconds in front of the video. I have loaded the source DivX AVI into VirtualDub and am met with a simiar error message to the poster above:
            'VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatibility. This may introduce up to 11894ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bit rate encoder. (bitrate: 127.7 ± 28.7kbps)
            Do you have any knowledge which may aid me? It says to decompress the audio to WAV and then recompress with a CBR but I wouldn't have a clue how this is done. I'm very new to this so if you could give me any idiot proof instructions or point me in the direction of a good tutorial I would greatly aprreciate it.

Comment

• maxtheraji
              • May 2004

can you help me i followed th instructions above to split the audio but only get part of the audio as a wave

Comment

Working...