Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • veroslav
    • Feb 2003

Error while joining two .avi (XviD) files :(

Hi all, I have a little problem and I really need your help.
    I am using VirtualDub for joining my video files (coded in DivX) and I tried the same program for XviD files. It didnt work, as I get the following message while trying to open first of the two files I want to join:

"Couldn´t locate decompressor for format 'DIV3' (Microsoft-High-Speed MPEG-4 V3). VirtualDub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec do decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable."

I have all codecs that I need to watch movies (both DivX and XviD) and never had any problems with neither of those. What should I do? Any other joining tools available to join XviD?

Thank you,
    Veroslav
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Couldn´t locate decompressor for format 'DIV3' (Microsoft-High-Speed MPEG-4 V3)."

The above is definitely NOT indicative of an XviD-encoded file, nor does it appear to be the proper information for either a DivX codec or the original Microsoft MPEG-4 codec.

In order to determine which codec(s) you need for a particular .AVI, you should do the following:

1) Load the video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• veroslav
      • Feb 2003

Thank you for your reply.
      I can´t do what you wrote about, because I can´t load the movie in VirtualDub (Nandub either) because I get the error message I described earlier while doing it.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

1) Are you able to PLAY the problem file?

2) Try using GSpot to obtain the file information - and then post it here...

Comment

• veroslav
          • Feb 2003

Yes, I can play the movie without any problems, the picture is upsidedown. Thats why I thought it was encoded in XviD. Perhaps it is impossible to join two video files encoded in XviD in VirtualDub? I dont have GSpot so I gained video info from BSPlayer:

Surface Type: YUY2 DR
          Video: DIV3
          Audio 1: MPEG Layer III

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Install the DivX v.3.11alpha codec...

Comment

• veroslav
              • Feb 2003

Ok, but I am not sure why I should do that. I have DivX 5.0.2 codec.

Comment

• veroslav
                • Feb 2003

Can both 3.11alpha and 5.0.2 be installed on the same computer at the same time? How is installing 3.11alpha gonna influence my existing codec?

Comment

• shiny#3
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Jul 2003

Couldn´t locate decompressor for format 'DIV3' (Microsoft-High-Speed MPEG-4 V3). VirtualDub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec do decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable."
                  the error message indicates that you are missing th Ms mpeg4 codec version 3 (v3).

1. run virtual dub (not loading any movie)
                  2. in video dropdown menue select full processing mode and hit compression.

a list will appear that indicates the codecs virtual dub can get its
                  "hands " on at this very moment.

check if the MS mpeg4 V3 codec is listed there....
                  if not the nimo codec pack could provide you with that...
                  make sure to install only this codec of the codec pack!!

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

To shiny#3

"the error message indicates that you are missing th Ms mpeg4 codec version 3 (v3)."

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, this information appears to be flawed - because the FOURCC code for the Microsoft-High-Speed MPEG-4 V3 is "MP43" and not "DIV3" (which is the FOURCC code for the original DivX v.3.11alpha codec)

Comment

• shiny#3
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Jul 2003

it seems that I have been misreading...... of course div3 could be
                      the fourcc of div3 codec alpha or else ..........I was referring to the
                      information virtual dub gave......

Comment

Working...