X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bakera
    • Sep 2003

Burning a DVD with a collection of VOBs

Newbie question . . .

I have a group of 9 VOB files that I created with Pinnacle 8.(Played back in order, they represent a movie I made. But I couldn't get around my A-V sync problem without breaking it into 9 segments and rendering each project individually). The total project adds up to less than 4.7 GB.

Anyway, what can I do/use to burn them all onto a DVD that will play on a standard home DVD player. Is there a way I could add a (very) simple menu as well?

Thanks for any help.

a.b.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

You should be able to easily accomplish this by using "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (different than "TMPGEnc") - including a menu and chapters, if you like...

Comment

• bakera
      • Sep 2003

Thanks

Thank you - I may gave that a try.

As near as I could tell from the TMPGEnc DVD Author site, that program uses MPEGs to create the VOB files. I couldn't see where it could take VOBs (such as the 9 I had created already) as the source files and meld them into a DVD with chapters and stuff.

Anyway. with Pinnacle I went back and re-rendered each of my project segments into MPEG (rather than VOB), then took all 9 MPEGS and created a new project and rendered it as a DVD (on my HD). Seemed to have solved the A-V OOS problem . . . though a bit tedious.

Again, thanks for the help.

a.b.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I couldn't see where it could take VOBs"

.VOBs are essentially MPEG-2 format files (with some potential "extras" possible - such as inclusion of multiple audiostreams, subtitle streams, etc.)

If your .VOBs are properly formed, "TMPGEnc DVD Author" should be more than happy to accept them as input.

You don't know until you try...

Comment

• bakera
          • Sep 2003

Cool.

Since it looks they (TMPGEnc DVD Author) have a download that one can use for a 15 day trial period, I guess it can't hurt to give it a shot.

Thanks again.

a.b.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Thanks again"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...