Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mofofly
    • Jan 2002

Rip Audio from DVD

Hi, this is my first post, I'm a newbie of DVD's Ripping. I have a question :

Can I rip only Audio from DVD ? I need to extract audio from every chapter of DVD, I'd want make an audio CD with the same number of tracks. I try to rip the DVD with SmartRipper splitting files by chapters and after I try to encode audio from the file .LST created by SmartRipper, I used Vob2Audio, but, sorry for me, don't work !! I have an error on audiostream and then I repeat the operation two-three times and Vob2Audio continues to not work!

Can you help me, please?

Mofofly.

PS: the DVD that I try to rip is " U2 - ELEVATION 2001 Live in Boston " .
  • Kaiser-Soze
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jan 2002

U can use DVD2AVI to do the thing:

For AC-3 Sound:
    Select Audio---->Dolby Digital---->Demux All Tracks

For WAV Sound (Audio CD)
    Select Audio---->Dolby Digital----->Decode
    (U ll have to do it separately for every VOB File So u get a different track)
    Speak until the tape runs out. Playback the tape until the story is finished...

Comment

• mofofly
      • Jan 2002

I tried....

I tried, but don't work...

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Perhaps the audio of this music DVD is in LPCM format and not in .AC3 format.

Comment

• mofofly
          • Jan 2002

oh I have both audio

Oh I have both of audioStream.
          I have AC3 audio and LPCM audio. How can i rip the right audio Stream ?
          Will I rip with or without VideoStream? With Ac3 or LPCM audio? With SmartRipper (splitting every chapter file) or not?

Thanks!

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

You could try a little experiment, as follows:

First, rip the entire DVD (I prefer to use Clad v.1.71). then proceed as follows:

1) Load the ripped DVD video into Flask (I continue to use the older v.0.594PX3 - because it works properly) by selecting "Open DVD" from the "File" dropdown menu.

2) Click on the video's .IFO (If you look in the ripped DVD folder on your hard drive, in the Video_ts subfolder, you'll see several numbered file groupings, each starting with an IFO file. The group that has several successive files of 1048.5Mgs is most likely the video.)

3) If there is more than one audio stream listed, for your first try, select the first one. If Flask "locks up", or otherwise rejects your selection , that audio stream is probably either LPCM or DTS. EXIT Flask and then restart it. Select the next audio stream, until Flask accepts it.

4) Under "Global Project Options", click on the "Audio" tab and select "Direct Stream Copy". If you click on the "Files" tab (while still in "Global Project Options"), you'll be able to choose a filename and location for the audio file.

5) Make all the other required settings under both "Global Project Options" and "Output Format Options", click on the main screen's "Run" tab and select "Start Conversion". Let Flask run for about 1/2 hour (Remember, this is only an experiment). Shut Flask down by clicking on "Cancel".

6) Locate the test audio file you've created and see if it plays (under WinDVD or any other .AC3 compatible software you've got installed).

If this provides positive results, rum Flask anew, but this time let it do the entire video. Once you've captured the entire soundtrack, there are many ways to split it up into sections/chapters.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...