Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pureserb
    • Nov 2002

Tmpg / BeSweet / virtualdub cant convert sound

Hi Guys! I got a problem with converting one file in Tmpg - video gets converted but no sound , if you watch the movie before converting there is a sound by Gspot it is AC3 format .So what i did in Tmpg / Enviornmental settings / Direct show multimedia to the highest level, and the converted and still no sound.Then i tryed in Virtualdub and i get 74 mg wav file and i loaded in to Tmpg and no sound.BeSweet dos not see it as Ac3 and i cant convert to wav.Please help.Info file is attached
    Attached Files
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

The multiplexed .AC3 audiostream has a "bad" header:

Fixing .AC3 Audiostreams for use in TMPGEnc

1) Extract the audiostream from the .AVI as follows:

VirtualDubMOD (different than standard VirtualDub) >>Streams>>Stream List>>Demux Save with a new filename (.AC3 extender)

2) Use a hex editor to locate the FIRST instance of "0B 77" - and delete/cut all data prior to it

3) Load .AVI file FIRST into TMPGEnc

4) Load modified .AC3 file SECOND into TMPGEnc

5) If converted MPEG file is out of synch (most probable, since a piece of the .AC3 was "trimmed" off the front-end of the file), use TMPGEnc as follows to correct:

Load MPEG into TMPGEnc's main window
    Click on "Setting" radiobutton
    Select "Advanced" tab
    Put a checkmark next to and then doubleclick on "Source range"
    Enter appropriate number (positive or negative ["-"] next to "Audio Gap Correct"
    Click on "ok" and click on next "ok" to get back to main window
    Save with a new filename

(Or, if you prefer to adjust the .AC3 audiostream directly, download AC3DelayCorrect from http://farmi007.bei.t-online.de - and additionally download (and place in same folder) GfaWin23.ocx)

Comment

• pureserb
      • Nov 2002

OB 77

Well by using hex editor and typing OB 77 and then "find" it didnt find no OB 77 So what do you think now i should do?????if dont understand go to last trade Thxxx.
      My WMP is showing green screne,and where can i find Keop`s plane vanilla unstable codeck also im looking for plug in for virtualdub .vdf.
      I forgot to say Tmpg is giving me run time error 216 at 00002dfc when i load AC3 EXTENDER.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Well by using hex editor and typing OB 77 and then "find" it didnt find no OB 77"

That's because the "0" should be the NUMBER "0" (zero) and not the LETTER "O"...

(Hexadecimal "numbers" are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F)

Comment

• pureserb
          • Nov 2002

Hex Workshop/Virtualdubmod/Tmpg/no sound

Hi again!
          As you sad to cut out "0B77 Hex"and to process in Tmpg = i did follow the steps that you posted but no luck again no sound after converting.
          Win Hex cant do it - delete the hex ,you have to buy Win Hex and then to process anything it is over 140 US Dollars , i found Hex Workshope.Is there anything elles can be done about F sound. Thx for your help

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"As you sad to cut out '0B77 Hex'"

No - I said delete the data PRECEDING the first incident of "0B 77" - so that your .AC3 file will now START with "0B77"...

(2) Use a hex editor to locate the FIRST instance of "0B 77" - and delete/cut all data prior to it)

Comment

• pureserb
              • Nov 2002

0B77

Hi .
              It dos start from 0b77.When i load it in Hex WorkShope / find/ i get that is on beginig

Comment

Working...