Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seajay
    • Oct 2003

mpeg2 encoding produces odd result

I've recently been tearing my hair out trying to get to the bottom of this strange problem. When I encode an mpeg2 file using any of my video production tools (eg tmpgenc, videowave, videofactory ... ) the resultant file looks fine when played apart from one very odd effect. There is a white square, made up of nine smaller squares (like rubiks cube) which 'floats' round the screen over the whole length of the video!! This has only just started to happen and I can't work out why. I first thought it was a playback problem but I think the image of the square is actually in the video data. I have made a DVD from one such mpeg2 file and it is visible when I play the DVD in my DVD player. I would appreciate any help as I am stumpped.
    I have tried reinstalling some of my software but with no effect. I have ;looked at the video codecs on my system but am not sure which ones to safely remove and try to reinstall. I am running Windows ME. I've attached a picture of the floating square.
    Attached Files
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Uninstall EO...

(Glue hair back on head)

Comment

• seajay
      • Oct 2003

Hi setarip, thanks for the very quick response but I don't understand. Could you please expand?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

My apologies (You'll get old some day too!), my memory was faulty.

It's most likely the ELECARD codec for MPEG2 that's responsible...
        Last edited by setarip; 13 Oct 2003, 06:24 AM.

Comment

• seajay
          • Oct 2003

whoopee

I was just about to reply to say I had found a prog called elecard decoder in my add remove progs. I have uninstalled it and things seem OK now. Thanks very much.
          I didn't knowingly install this. I'm not sure what it was that did install it. I do play about with apps quite a lot so it could have been one of many.

Thanks again. My hair is safe again and my wife and dog are very grateful too. Believe me I know what old age does to the memory!!!!

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Thanks again. My hair is safe again and my wife and dog are very grateful too. Believe me I know what old age does to the memory!!!!"

My pleasure ;>}

(Glad to hear you haven't become a member of the "Hairless Club for Men")

Comment

Working...