Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thingy_me_bob
    • Oct 2003

how to work virtual dub??

ok new thread for me .. other one was getting a bit long lol ... right i have a video file that when i burn to disk is out of sync with the sound and i want to ty and fix this .. bearing in mind i have NEVER done this before so please explain simply lol .. i think it is virtual dub that i need for this but no idea wot to do with it .. so please HELP!!!!!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

A) If the difference between audio and video is constant throughout the video:

Load the file into VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod, or NanDub.
    Set BOTH "Video"(VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod and NanDub) and "Audio" (VirtualDub and NanDub - VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list") to "Direct Stream Copy".
    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Interleaving" (For VirtualDubMOD, rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Interleaving")
    Under "Audio skew correction", set an appropriate number of milleseconds (positive or negative) in the box labelled "Delay audio track by"
    Save with a new filename

B) If the difference increases as the movie plays:

From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select framerate - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• thingy_me_bob
      • Oct 2003

ok thanks i got that far now just a simple instrruction wot do you click to start it going lol

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

Click "File" and "Save as AVI"

Comment

• thingy_me_bob
          • Oct 2003

fankooo .. its going along nicely now will let you know the outcome . and will be dead impressed with myself if it works lol

Comment

• thingy_me_bob
            • Oct 2003

oh dam it stopped and said there was an error encoding it .. thought it was too good to be true that it would work for me

Comment

• rsquirell
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Feb 2003

go back to "video" and "scan video stream for errors"

Comment

• thingy_me_bob
                • Oct 2003

arrhhhh ok will try that now

Comment

• thingy_me_bob
                  • Oct 2003

Right i tried this with two different movie files that i tried to do and one after scanning said 0 frames masked(0 frames bad, 0 frames good but undecodable) and the other said 20 frames masked 91 frames bad, 19 good but uncodeable) so i can see that the second wouldnt work but why would the first stop working if nothing is wrong with it ????

Comment

• thingy_me_bob
                    • Oct 2003

am trying the good one again to see wot happens now .. just a quiestion out of curiousity .. wot it the processing thread priority thing where u get the drop down box with low normal high etc etc there is something similar on nero that i usually use and i never knew wot it was ??

Comment

• thingy_me_bob
                      • Oct 2003

DAM !!! got well past where it did before was almost to the end and then it stopped coz it said there was not enuff disc space available which i cant understand as the computer i am using to do this is a new one and there aint a great deal on it

Comment

• shiny#3
                        Digital Video Master
                        Digital Video Master
                        • Jul 2003

did you forget to select the direct stream copy in video.

it appears to be that you have saved the avi uncompressed when you ran out of disk space....

Comment

• thingy_me_bob
                          • Oct 2003

ok thanks .. didnt get an email saying there had been another reply so never checked forum again and i have tried this ermm 4 times since then lol .. oh well never mind will try it this way this time lol

Comment

• thingy_me_bob
                            • Oct 2003

Oh yeah and just another annoying question can anyone tell me why once i have used virtual dub and closed it there is no sign of it again lol .. i have tried searching for it but the three files it finds says cannot be opened .. so i have to re-download it everytime i wanna use it which is getting just a tad frustrating lol

Comment

• thingy_me_bob
                              • Oct 2003

hahaha cant believe that tried it when on direst stream copy and it did it in minutes instead of the unfinished hour and half it was taking before lol now i am trying the tmpgenc again to encode it and then i will see if it will burn to disc without the sound being out of sync

Comment

Working...