Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gambizon
    • Nov 2003

Mpeg To Vob

As all the rest… I am sorry to barge into an open door BUT I searched all the forums and went over a LOT of messages BUT no one explain to a simple computer stupid guy how you can take an MPEG you downloaded from the web and burn it to a CD so you will be able to see it on a DVD player…I have all the necessary programs Nero, TMPGEnc – I changed the mpg to MPEG-1 to MPEG-2 I burn them as a SVCD (no one offer to burn them as a VOB) and when I burned it into the DVD Player NOTHING happens (the DVD tells me there is no disc)….
    I don’t understand all the files you are talking about IFO, SOX VIX….etc.
    PLEASE HELP ME OR refer me to a place where I can find a SIMPLE explanation….
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

Check your DVD Player's documentation to see if it'll allow VCD/SVCD's to be played ( they are CD discs which contain the MPEG you made. All the talk about IFO, BUP, and VOB files is about making real DVD's burned by a DVD burner (vs the CD Burner you use to make a VCD/SVCD.) Not all players will play VCD's.

Comment

• gambizon
      • Nov 2003

Thanks just one small other question...

Thansk a lot...
      SO if I am getting a CD with four directories (one of them is MPEG 2) it suppose to work if my DVD player support VCD?
      On my DVD it says "Video CD" - doesn't it meens that it support VCD???

Comment

• Amey
        • Nov 2003

Here's your answer!

Some DVD players do not support VCDs/SVCDs burned on a CD-R or CD-RW. So you have to check out first whether the player supports CD-Rs and CD-RWs with the DVD player's documentation (maybe even the front panel of the player) or at at this site before trying out any other thing.
        You will also find a lot of stuff (articles, guides, downloadable tools, etc.) regarding creation of VCD, SVCD, XVCD, XSVCD...and so on; not to mention DVD creation stuff . It is a must visit site for all concerning with VCDs and DVDs, no matter what type.
        I hope you enjoy your VCD authoring from now onwards.
        Last edited by Amey; 15 Nov 2003, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Working...