Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrskat1026
    • Jan 2002

newbie need help!!!!!!!!!!

i heard that you burn a download movie without having a dvd-r is that true if so how do you do it i have a cd-r and iam trying to get a movie i download off my hard drive onto a cd-r disk please help.
  • biru32
    • Jan 2002

You need TMPGEnc

If you already have the movie on your hard drive you should be ready to use this: http://www.vcdhelp.com/tmpgenc.htm

It's a simple download in a zip format. Follow the instructions at the web site. Stick a blank disc in your CD-R and you should be ready to burn.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

If the video file is 700Mgs or less in size, you simply use your CD burning software to create a data CD.

Comment

• abdul
        • Jan 2002

In case these two above answers give you more questions then answers let me recap for you

I am after all the newbie-helper so i like to make it a clear as possible.

Setarip and biru32 are both right, but they talk about TWO different things (this is because your question isn't that clear in what you want)

biru32 is talking about converting the divx (if that is what YOU are talking about when you say movie) into a mpg-file with a program called TMPGEnc.
        Once you have this mpg-file you can burn it as vcd to a cd-r and then you are able to play it on a standalone dvd player which supports video cd's.

Setrip is talking about burning the avi as data cd; no special things needed just burn it to cd-r like you do with all data
        The 700MB is of course for 700MB cd-r's (although you might be able to put more on it by overburning)
        You still need your computer to watch the movie; the sole purpose is to clean up HD-space

Comment

Working...