X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nightcheck
    • Sep 2003

Music on DVD's

Hi..
    I've been downloading and burning music to Cd's for some time now, but now that I'm getting ready to purchase a DVD burner, I have a question... Since a DVD holds over 5 times the amount of data than a CD, would I be able to burn 4.7gb of music to a dvd; and if the answer is yes - is the process any different and after it is burned ,will it need to played in a cd player or dvd player?
    Thanks in advance...
    Nightcheck
  • RNCSerge
    • Jul 2003

No, it won't play in a CD player, because it isn't a CD. It will play in a DVD player. Some guy made a guide about putting 40 or so albums on a DVD in Dolby Digital format, and had enough space left over fit a music video.

Comment

• rsquirell
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Feb 2003

You'll be treated to a light show on the TV....but, of course, if the TV's speakers suck...

Comment

• TheDane2003
        • Jan 2003

If your Standalone DVD-Player accepts the MP3-format then you can burn a DVD-disc as a DVD-Rom in Nero and on that disc can you so store up to 4,7 GB of MP3-files, and thats a quiet big ammount of MP3-files.

I would think your DVD can play for 20 Hrs (if not more), if you filling a DVD-disc with MP3-files.
        TheDane2003 alias Michael Hvidberg

Comment

Working...