Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steely
    • Dec 2003

No Sound (unsolved by sticky)

Here are the steps I have followed in an attempt to take footage off a VHS tape and convert it into a DVD that can be played on a regular DVD player with a TV.

1. Used MGI VideoWave 4 to encode footage as an AVI
    2. Used Adobe Premier to edit the AVI
    3. Exported the AVI with the edits from Premiere to new AVI file
    4. Used "Cucusoft AVi to DVD SVCD MPEG Converter Pro - v3.1.8" _AVI to DVD_ option to convert the footage into an MPEG (The MPEG played fine and had video and *sound*)
    5. Used 30-Day Trial Version of TMPGEnc DVD Author to make a simple DVD following the instructions on: http://www.polarhome.com:793/~afonic/tmpegencdvd.htm
    to add a simple menu, auto-divide the chapters into 5-minute segments, and create the DVD folder (containing the .ifo, .vob, and .bup files), after which I used their "Write DVD Folder to DVD R/RW" to write everything to DVD-R.

So far I have made 2 coasters (i.e. great DVDs with *no sound*). I don't really want to make anymore the same way. (when I tried making the first one, it was supposed to use the .mpg for the audio and video, the next one I tried burining was supposed to use the .mpa for audio and the .m2v for video)

Any suggested solutions for making sure there is audio on a DVD? Is there perhaps a way to test the audio portion of a DVD folder prior to burning it? Any help would be awesome! Thanks!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try using an audio editor, such as GoldWave to convert the multiplexed audiostream to .WAV format (Simply "drag&drop" the MPEG file ontp the primary GoldWave window). Then use the MPEG and the .WAV file (loaded separately) in "TMPGEnc DVD Author".

(Of course, first make certain that the .WAV file plays back properly)

Comment

• steely
      • Dec 2003

It worked! Praise the Lord!

Thank you!!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"It worked! Praise the Lord!
        Thank you!!"

My pleasure ;>}