Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amycasey
    • Dec 2003

Way to convert then edit vob files

I am an actress and want to be able to edit sections of my work from a DVD video source for use on the web. I have windows movie maker; my DVD, and dazzle moviestar for editing.
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

Forget MovieStar...it sucks...it'll freeze up for no reason and crash the machine if you try to use transitions. MovieMaker isn't that much better, and MyDVD is amateur. I couldn't think of a worse group of losers in my wildest dreams. Try ULead Video Studio 7.

Comment

• amycasey
      • Dec 2003

trial and error

I own the Ulead software as well, just trying them all one at a time... thanks for the advice. I have had all the problems you've mentioned. Do you know the answer to my original question? none of those editing softwares previously mentioned can read the vob files. CAn the Ulead software do it?

I ended up deleting all the programs from my computer and am starting from scratch, so if Ulead is a good solution I will reinstall that one!

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

ULead should recognise the VOB's as a MPEG2 and work with them. If it doesn't, let me know and I go through the proceedure to convert the VOB's to MPEG2 by Demuxing/remuxing.

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

"I am an actress and want to be able to edit sections of my work from a DVD video source for use on the web."

You could try TMPGEnc-there is a trial period, or if you prefer, use the free version. You will want to use the "Mpeg Tools" feature under "File" to de-multiplex and multiplex your VOB into mpeg 2 as rsquirell stated in the previous post.

Comment

• megamachine
            Video Fiddler
            • Mar 2003

You might also want to try MPG2CUT, a free download that reads VOB files and allows you to cut them precisely without having to re-render. I guess it depends on how many snippets you want.

Comment

• troyy01
              • Jan 2004

I have been able to manually rename the VOB files to MPG and edit them, then rename them back.

Comment

Working...