Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deb
    • Jan 2004

Vro Files

I borrowed my friends video camera (panasonic I think) for Christmas... he then emailed me 2 VRO files which I don't know what to do with. I am using a pentium 4 with sony cd player and writer. I do not have a dvd in the computer or standalone dvd on my tv. I have been trying to help my self but I am totally clueless when it comes to DVD and video files. I have read in several forums that I could just change the vro to mpeg and then play them on windows media player or real player but that didn't work. I then tried as suggested by another to change the vro to vbo and imported it into a video converter (I used Hero Video Converter 2.0.7).... this did work but the video was squashed at the sides and not really that good.

If anyone could please give me some advise as to what I should do.

~I basically would like to play the file on my computer at the very least and....
    ~ perhaps if it is possible to burn them to CD as a VCD.
    ~At a later stage would I be able to create a DVD with the VRO file when I do eventually purchase a DVD player?

Im sorry this is long winded but I really don't know what to do.... I don't understand the different in the various Mpeg formats, avi or divx.... I have been reading about it everywhere but I just can't get my head around it.....

thanks for reading
    Deb
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

You can use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (Different than "TMPGEnc") to convert the .VRO to a complete, standard DVD "package" on your hard drive. You can then use a software DVD player, such as WinDVD, to play from your hard drive...

Comment

Working...