Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • axia
    • Feb 2002

16:9 -> 4:3

all the divx i have is 16:9 ratio. i would like to play them at a 4:3 ratio so they fill my enitre screen. all i really need to do is to zoom into the 16:9 movies, while they are playing to see them at 4:3. is it possible to do this on the fly?

i'd rather not spend all the time in virtual dub resizing the movies. any ideas are welcome.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"all i really need to do is to zoom into the 16:9 movies"

While playing the movie in Windows Media Player, rightclick in the middle of the movie and select "Zoom", or "Full SCreen"...

Comment

• axia
      • Feb 2002

ok. i tried that. results? well my tvout card only supports a resolution of 640x480 but for everything else it runs much higher. 640 with 200% zoom is only gonna show a very small part of the picture.

maybe i should use virtual dub do to this. does anyone know how to do this properly in VD?

Comment

• axia
        • Feb 2002

WHAT DID I DO WRONG?

take a look at the pictures here: http://axha1100.8m.com

ok, virtualdub.jpg is a screeny of how virtual dub looks. all i did was filter the video with 'null transform' and then clicked on cropping and put it to the right sizes. everything looks great here. i set audio to direct stream copy and video to full processing. i used the divx low motion compression and 600kilobits/10keys. that was all i used. no other compression and no other filters. what do i get? take a look at the worse than poor result:
        Attached Files

Comment

• axia
          • Feb 2002

ok, i got virtual dub to do it. i was able to get a 4:3 ratio on a 10 second 16:9 clip and it looks great. only thing i did differnt was use no compression at all. great! it'll just be 35GB for the whole movie, uncompressed. from here on in it's pretty easy except that... I HAVE A 20GB HDD!

this video stuff is frustraiting. now i'm back to square 1: just zooming into the video on the fly.

Comment

• axia
            • Feb 2002

http://www.powerdivx.com/ allows you to zoom into a video while playing it. very good software. i think it will become my primary video player.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

Sounds like you've resolved all of your problems - Congratulations ;>}

Comment

• axia
                • Feb 2002

Originally posted by setarip
                Sounds like you've resolved all of your problems - Congratulations ;>}
                haha, i wish. i have resolved THIS problem, but i still have many more. biggest problem is i need a girlfreind. are you a girl? just kidding.

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"biggest problem is i need a girlfreind"

Good to hear that testosterone needs haven't disappeared as a result of excessive computer use. Happy hunting ;>}

Comment

• Batman
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Jan 2002

It's a pitty you went to so much trouble, over much nothing.

Radlight player allows you to change any movie to 16:9 or in your case 4:3 its easy, with the click of a button you can get the aspect ratio you want.

Comment

Working...