X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fogoftheworld
    • Apr 2002

Help to convert raw(vob/ifo etc) dvd files from my hard drive to s/vcd

Hi

Most tutorials I`ve read for a great # of programs , are for conversion off the DvD drive , but I only have the raw files on my hard drive .

But even when I `am able choose files from my harddrive , Ie in Dvdx , the program hangs , literally all evening , I went to bed & it was still hanging in the morn , I cant get this program to work . Next I tried DVD2SVCD , I followed the guides to a tee . But when all is said & done I`m left with a bin cue of about 194 mb , & only about 9 minutes of the dvd .

Where you can choose to add or delete vobs etc , all 4 vobs show there , but in movie length window it shows as only 9 min 53 seconds .

This happens with any dvd files I have , not just a select one . The files all check & play fine in dvd sgrink as well .

Can I ask for some help please . I`m frustrated here
  • megamachine
    Video Fiddler
    • Mar 2003

There is a program called VOBMerge that can join all the VOB files into one. Then, you can load that into an encoder, like TMPGEnc, and select the SVCD template to encode and proceed as usual.

Comment

• Fogoftheworld
      • Apr 2002

Thanks I`ll try that

Cheers -

Comment

• Fogoftheworld
        • Apr 2002

Ok I tried that , but the problem is now Tmpgenc sees no audio source when I load that vob file , & thus converts with no audio , & a lesser problem is that I cant take the menus etc.. either ..

Is there something I missed ? Or is there another way ?

Thanks -

Comment

• megamachine
          Video Fiddler
          • Mar 2003

Strange, I just tried that and worked for me. Might have something to do with the audio stream format. So, there is another way you can try. Get the freeware DVD2AVI. Load your VOB files into that. In the audio menu, select demux. Then in the file menu, "Save Project." When it is done you will have a separate audio (WAV) and video stream (D2V. Load these into TMPGEnc, video first, then audio, and try processing it this way.

Comment

• Fogoftheworld
            • Apr 2002

Hi

Thanks again

I tried exactly that , but TMpgenc doesnt recognize or support the file .

Darn

Any more advice mate ?

Comment

• megamachine
              Video Fiddler
              • Mar 2003

If you are sure you loaded the D2V and WAV files from DVD2AVI, and it still did not work, the only other thing I can think of is that your version of TMPGEnc is expired. I think there are limits on the MPEG-2 capabilities unless you purchase the full "Plus" version.

Comment

• Fogoftheworld
                • Apr 2002

Thanks for the reply

I`m getting a DvD burner come morning , so I`m going that direction , i`m sure I`ll still need this method in the future , but for these files I`m just going to make a DvD . I`m hoping no problems , but I may be in that forum with problems -

Comment

• megamachine
                  Video Fiddler
                  • Mar 2003

Sounds like the way to go. Hope it works out for you. For authoring your DVDs, you might like to try the sister program of TMPGEnc, which is TMPGEnc DVD Author. DVDLab is decent, too.

Comment

Working...