Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • murrayhouse
    • Feb 2004

Frustrated beginner

I have a JVC mini DV camera (model GR DV X-40). For some years now I have successfully transferred stills from camera to my PC. I have now(yesterday, afetr much trial and error) added a NEC DVD+_RW burner but the Nero software that came with it does not recognise the camera. The Nero (Ahead) site does not list my camera as one it supports.
    I believe I have the necessary IEEE 1394 controller installed.
    I do not know what to do next to determine how, if at all, I can start to download video footage onto DVD.
    Any guidance would be much appreciated.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"Any guidance would be much appreciated."

Virtual Dub (a free program) has a capture interface. Your DV will be captured as an AVI file and will be quite large in size depending on length. If you desire to burn to DVD, Import the AVI file into a program such as "TMPGENc" (different from TMPGENc DVD Author) to convert to DVD compliant mpeg 2.

Comment

• murrayhouse
      • Feb 2004

Thanks. I'll explore the Virtual Dub/TMPGENc path.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"Thanks. I'll explore the Virtual Dub/TMPGENc path."

Glad to be of help, and hope it works out.

Comment

• murrayhouse
          • Feb 2004

Don't want to be a pain but I've hit another brick wall. When I execute the Capture AVI command in Virtual Dub I get the message "no capture driver available". In the past, when transferring still images I used the JVC supplied JLIP capture software and this does not handle video movies. The JVC site doesn't have any info on my camera. I'm stuck again.

Comment

Working...